Where can i work with my Nautical Science Certificate

Hello Please guys, i need to know is i can work in any country after the completion on my Nautical Science program in Scotland or i can only work in U.k or with U.K vessels. And which Merchant Navy will i belong to. I am a Nigerian studying in Scotland.

Thanks

After graduation and successful acquisition of your license and documents, you should be able to work for anyone worldwide if you do not have prior obligations for your education. Most companies, if they need your services, will help you get the required equivalent license and documents for the flag under which you will be sailing. The Merchant Navy nationality depends on the flag state of the vessel upon which you work, although many operators have multi-national crews. Good luck with your career. Is your name Bala?:cool:

Dear SaltyDog, Thanks so much for the reply. My name is not Bala, I am Seye. Do you know any Bala? seyeodetola@yahoo.com

Yes, I know a Bala who was also attending University in Scotland for his deck officer’s license. He sailed with me as a cadet on a LNG tanker recently.

[QUOTE=saltydog;21607]Yes, I know a Bala who was also attending University in Scotland for his deck officer’s license. He sailed with me as a cadet on a LNG tanker recently.[/QUOTE]
Do you still contact him?

No, I do not. I do not know if he is continuing his studies, has gone back to sea, or has returned to Nigeria.

hey, nigerian navigator, why don’t you try to find work with the Mooring Masters at Chevron’s Escravos Terminal? I’ve been working in O&G in Africa on and off since 1994 & spent a few years at Escravos: the whites/expats were always on the lookout for bright, well qualified Nigerians to help their export business? It could turn out to be big $$, even if it starts out as a rinky dink low $$ job: long term all the oil companies are trying to “LOCALIZE” African Operations… there are a lot of opportunities for guys like you…

good luck and “NO WAHALLA!!!”

Dear Richard,

Thanks a million for the information, i really appreciate it, but please how do i go about this? And i am not yet fully qualified, please educate me more. i guess you are a Nigerian. Please give me a better medium where we can talk better. Lovely to meet a Nigerian here…