Whats the best dish you remember your Chief cook making?

Is your diet on board getting better?

Steak on the grill. It’s kinda hard to screw that up. With the cook we have now that’s debatable though.

Haggis…

[QUOTE=injunear;85198]Haggis…[/QUOTE]

Hey, I had haggis and fajitas at the Palapa on the beach at Ciudad del Carmen one Bobby Burns night many years ago. I kept it down. . . . .

[QUOTE=cmakin;85207]Hey, I had haggis and fajitas at the Palapa on the beach at Ciudad del Carmen one Bobby Burns night many years ago. I kept it down. . . . .[/QUOTE]
Mexican haggis…had to be better than the stuff they served me in Kirkwall and Lerwick.

[QUOTE=injunear;85210]Mexican haggis…had to be better than the stuff they served me in Kirkwall and Lerwick.[/QUOTE]

Oh, no. Not Mexican haggis. I was working with a bunch of expat Brits. They smuggled the haggis on from the auld sod. . . . . Pretty bad when one has to smuggle something as nasty as haggis INTO Mexico. . . . .

Jambalaya. Just the right amount of spice

Crew change eve supper…

That was usually the worst on one of the vessels I was on…hot dogs and fries.

[QUOTE=Shipfoodie;85140]Is your diet on board getting better?[/QUOTE]

Kwashiorkor Kasserol.

Hot dog spaghetti.

I remember i guy fixing Mexican food it was ham and cheese hot pockets with pace sauce and cheese on top of it . I looked at that and at him and said WTF is that

Way back when I worked for Turecamo we had a Portuguese cook that made the most Delicious Bread Pudding. He knew how I enjoyed his pudding and would bring some over to the next boat that I worked on after I left his crew. I swear that man put 10 -15 pounds on me.

Perfectly broiled rock lobster tails & ribeyes. The lobster tails were just barely cooked & translucent if you know what I mean. That was many years ago.

I also had haggis at a Burns night long ago. It was the only way to get a shot of 100 yr old scotch. But one of the best onboard meals was lobster tails and shrimp with cheesecake for desert one day for Coast Guard inspection. Cook clipped coupons to get the coupons We aced the inspection.

Once had pork burritos, a long long time ago. Too long, now that i think about it…really gotta find that cook again.