What is your Dream Job?

Yeah, I know that I need to. She was born on Yap, although has been living in the states for 30 years.

[quote=richard8000milesaway;25553]hey luckrunsout,
that was the funniest post I have read on here for quite a while. very good!
fair winds,[/quote] :smiley: Thanks my Friend!!

I was thinking the same thing, but I think you might see more action on Tiger Wood’s Yacht.

Hello, My name is Tiger…and I am addicted to women…It is an illness…I can’t help myself…please help me!!

[quote=Capt. Lee;25669]I was thinking the same thing, but I think you might see more action on Tiger Wood’s Yacht.

Hello, My name is Tiger…and I am addicted to women…It is an illness…I can’t help myself…please help me!![/quote]

Priapism, is a lot like safety, it never takes a vacation…

[QUOTE=Capt. Lee;25669]I was thinking the same thing, but I think you might see more action on Tiger Wood’s Yacht.

Hello, My name is Tiger…and I am addicted to women…It is an illness…I can’t help myself…please help me!![/QUOTE]

He said “Wood”. Uh huh huh… huh uh… uh…

I always thought the idea of a James Bond themed charter yacht to be a damned good idea which somehow was missed by the world of the rich and famous. You could name her the GOLDFINGER (OCTOPUSSY being already taken) and crew her with all women with the exception of the master. Of course, the first mate would be Pussy Galore and on it would go. The yacht would have every toy and push button item conceivable.

To be the master of that vessel would be a dream job if there ever was one!

dream job? Would be no job, just saddleing up a strong mustang and heading up in the mountains for weeks on end with my trusty dog tagging along

Running a sludge tanker for New York City Department of Environmental Protection…

From my house…as the freaking Mayor!

I want to own a retail fish market. I worked, for years, on commercial boats and saw what we were paid for our catch. It was peanuts compared to what the retailer was making. It’s the same all over though; some poor sap breaks his ass to get the hard part out of the way and the middle man makes all of the money.

You don’t know what you are asking for. I did it. Believe me, it is rushing from one port to the other, not much chance for shore leave, lots of trouble and inconvenience when calling Middle Eastern ports… the money is good, though.

Got my dream job now. It is what richard8000milesaway was writing about: OOW on Sea Cloud.

Rgds, bythewind.

[QUOTE=bythewind;27920]
Got my dream job now. It is what richard8000milesaway was writing about: OOW on Sea Cloud.

[/QUOTE]

I can’t wait to hear Richard’s response…

zzzzzzzzzzzzz
huh? someone out there OOW on Sea Cloud? !
good times !
let’s see, end of Feb so you’re still chilling in the caribbean for another 2 months. north then south. north then south. ho hum. another day in paradise.
early april you’ll make the trip across to the Med for the summer. most likely stopping in Sofi or Casablanca, Morooco, along the way; if so be sure to join the jet trip to Marakesh: fun times and free for crew…
best to hook up with the german stewardesses, the passenger thing gets tiring (plus with stewardesses you’ll get sweeties always bringing you goodies to the bridge when you are on watch.)
say Hi to Simon and Bebot bartenders at the Lido Deck Bar BUT watch out for the booze: more guys I have known have lost their jobs (and careers) due to booze then any other reason… stay cool, keep your head.
Capt Red Shannon will be heading out to vessel for an annual inspection here in the near future so get your paperwork in order.

have fun, we did…

Yes, it is already my second contract there. I love it. Simon and Bebot are still there. Captain Shannon has retired. We now have Cpt. Burgman changing with Cpt. Pushkerev. The atmosphere is great. Why did you leave?

I left Sea Cloud cruises for a few reasons, but enjoyed it the whole time I was there. first the money was poor (even being tax free), especially as my license got larger and larger. secondly, I got tired of the passenger work. thirdly, I knew that I could never have a job like that while being married, having little self control below the waist. fourth, it was just time to move on.
funny, I still get asked to join for a hitch every now and again!

are you managing to get unlimited tonnage time? what other americans work there? what is your position (and background)?

fair winds,

I have an unlimited chief mate licence, but work on SC as 3/O. They don’t have any other openings at the moment, but I hope for promotion when the new ship will get into service. As for collecting sea time the German authorities are a bit unwilling to accept the sea time from SC, but not because of the tonnage. They don’t like sailing ships. They did accept it for the upgrade to C/O, but mainly because the vast majority of my sea time was collected on container ships. However, since SCC is only a subsidiary of a bigger German shipping company which apart from the sailing vessels also owns 25 container ships and 5 tankers, there is always a possibilty for me to do the odd contract on one of those.

My background is mainly big sailing vessels. I sailed with the big Russians (Mir, Kruzenshtern, Sedov) and have sailed as deckie on medium sized squareriggers before going to the academy for my licences. As you cannot get a mate’s ticket in Germany without sea time in cargo I then went for containers and coasters. But my heart is really on sailing ships.

As for Americans on SC it is getting less. Plenty Russians there now and Romanians. As for Americans it is Cpt. Burgman, Tom Hook, and the odd relief mate. Many German passengers now. So the company likes to employ people who speak German.

say Hi to Tom, tell him I took his advice about the import/export and made some $$. he owes me a beer, but he can pay you instead.
SC sounds about the same as when I left: not too many americans and multi-lingual ones were preferred. for a while I was the only american onboard: crazy. was 60% german pax & 40% american pax for me.
have fun and fair winds.
be sure to PM me and I’ll pass on some non-public gossip and sea stories.

Pt.Everglades Harbor Pilot.

Yea, that is a short trip.

Here is my dream job. Hopper dredge, equal time schedule, paid travel, 12 hour days, hotel at night, 90K year.