What is the best paying job possible at sea with a Unlimited DP ticket?

What is the best paying job possible at sea with a Unlimited DP ticket?

Is it on a DSV, cable layer, drilling ship, or fpso… or maybe something else?

The one that pays the most depends on so many factors, license, company, position, time with the company and is constantly changing. Drilling is probably going to be the highest in the long term.

Money isn’t all of it either. For me job satisfaction rates higher than money.

You could probably make more as a male prostitute if you put your mind or something else to it bringing new meaning the phrase “Unlimited DP”.

I crack myself up.

Yep I agree it’s not all about cash. But obviously it helps to have a nicely paid job that you enjoy. Was just wondering about the different rates for different jobs…

Think I’ll give ur idea of making more money in a different “profession” a miss lol… You can’t catch AIDS from a kongsberg console

True, but I always wipe down the console before I take the watch just in case . AIDS is not on the list of USCG unapproved diseases and therefore not tested for.

[QUOTE=follow40;63315]What is the best paying job possible at sea with a Unlimited DP ticket?

Is it on a DSV, cable layer, drilling ship, or fpso… or maybe something else?[/QUOTE]

With an Unlimited DP it is without a doubt Captain on a drilling vessel in Africa. Second will be a drilling job anywhere overseas where you can get the overseas and any tax benefits. Drilling contractors will also offer better benefits and 401K matching options. Third will be a drilling job in the USA. Business class travel, paid training, expenses paid for, medical insurance paid for, excellent food at work, safe work environment, schedule, etc. I agree money isn’t everything. Job satisfaction is important, but there comes a time in a man’s life where he starts thinking about retirement and life after work. The kid’s college. I worked at an OSV company for 10 years contributing in the 401K there. In a little over two years time I had accumulated more in the drilling contractor’s 401K than the 10 years at the OSV company. That is significant. I was getting a match of .50 cents on the dollar up to 6 % at the OSV company and never maxing it out. At the drilling company I am maxing it out and the match being maxed as well. Some drilling contractors actual offer 2 dollars for every one you contribute. The difference is day and night on the compensation side of things. Don’t get me wrong it is not all peaches and cream. There is a reason the pay is more. It is not for everyone, but the options the income offers you are many.

When I grows up I wanna bees a Commannyman.
I think you could ultimately get into a Company Man (Senior project manager / Major partner’s senior representative, or whatever they may be calling themselves these days) position from UL Master on drill ships. You’d really have to work at it though, not coming up through the drilling or MBA side. Performance based bonuses. Big ones. That would be where the big money might be found laddie.