What I did I my November Vacation

Pumpkin Chunkin 2016! (Back after a 2 year lull due to some in-duh-vidual suing the farmer when he hurt himself - apparently a long story)

The air powered guns dominate in numbers but not necessarily in distance.

While this event is held in a corn field in Delaware perhaps the mighty Dauntless could be weaponized with a surplus gas line compressor and a turret mounted punkin chunker! What say you C Cap? You might be able to reach the field from a Chesapeake Bay berth. This East coast port call would also allow you tie up at the Washington Navy Yard and lobby Congress. Just make sure your TWIC is up to date.

I love watching this when it is televised, even with the sappy Discovery Channel hosts and scripting. . . I had heard the delay for two years was an insurance issue and I also heard that someone was killed there this year. . . hope that doesn’t create another delay. Truly love the “engineering” that goes into some of the equipment. . .

Me, I did my usual November trip to the Inland Empire for some sprint car racing. . .

2016-11-12_06-54-08 by

DSC_2852 by

DSC_2620 by

Great photos. Really good with the camera / behind the lens.

[QUOTE=DeepSeaDiver;192523]Great photos. Really good with the camera / behind the lens.[/QUOTE]

How’bout in front of the lens?

[QUOTE=Lee Shore;192534]How’bout in front of the lens?[/QUOTE]

I am happy to stay behind the lens. . . .

[QUOTE=KPChief;192510]Pumpkin Chunkin 2016! (Back after a 2 year lull due to some in-duh-vidual suing the farmer when he hurt himself - apparently a long story) [/QUOTE]

Took my son to one of these in New Mexico a few years back. (Got lots of space for this sort of thing here :-))

A veteran of 1st Battalion, 501st Parachute Infantry, he said the pumpkins from the air guns sounded just like 155 rounds going overhead.

Cheers,

Earl