What are some good companies to apply for as a NEWBIE?

I’m looking for some advice from the old timers. What are some good companies to apply for so I an get my feet wet. Does my military background make it easier to find work?

Oh brother… I think the c.kraken is coming up from the depths…

Where are you from? Where do you live? To make it easier for your travel to work? Could be a possibility of getting day work at fairly decent pay… You will get a vague answer with a vague question… HOS, ECO, GOL!!!

I live in Detroit, MI

get out of of your thread and cruise through the past 50 or so threads on this section of the blog. Any name appropriate has already been mentioned. (Several Times) look around first. then ask specific questions.

Imma make it easy before c. captain see this, go to the thread that say this: READ THIS FIRST, including you graduated cadets.

[QUOTE=crawdaddy 1.5;77531]Imma make it easy before c. captain see this, go to the thread that say this: READ THIS FIRST, including you graduated cadets.[/QUOTE]

crawdaddy…I am so tired of these little jokers now that I am just not going to even bother to take the pointy stick out. Not that I don’t want to but I am afraid that I might just be egging the little shits on each time I fire another broadside at the darlings.

sorry to all those hoping for the cannons to thunder again.

[QUOTE=c.captain;77540]

sorry to all those hoping for the cannons to thunder again.[/QUOTE]

Trivia question. When one of the Iowa class fired a broasdside with all turrets how much did they get thrown sideways?

This is what Wikipedia says:

Contrary to myth, the ships do not move noticeably sideways when a broadside was fired.

although I do find that difficult to believe. They must move some.

What’s the correct answer Doctor Science?

-0- the barrels have 48" of recoil built in. Amazing huh!

[QUOTE=cappy208;77545]-0- the barrels have 48" of recoil built in. Amazing huh![/QUOTE] Thank you Mr. Wizard!

Thibidoux’s bayou towing, salvage, and hair care center is a good place. Stump Jumper Marine maybe?

Stump Jumper Marine AND TATTOO!

I here there are good opportunities for nannies on yachts in the polar region. If you are truly serious about getting into this field then put some effort into researching the profession. Asking a question a vague question like that is not going to get you a serious answer. Also, your avatar and screen name does not help your cause.

I doing my research on a daily basis actually, that’s why I stopped posting threads. If I have a question I’ll just private message someone who has actually been helpful to me though. But thanks for your input, it’s much appreciated.

[QUOTE=jdh24;77687]I doing my research on a daily basis actually, that’s why I stopped posting threads. If I have a question I’ll just private message someone who has actually been helpful to me though. But thanks for your input, it’s much appreciated.[/QUOTE]

It would be a good idea to post what you’ve found through the search function when you post your question, or some other way of letting members know you have done some research and were not able to find the answer.

Asking a very basic question on a subject that has been asked just about every other day has become a source of irritation to many here. It leaves the impression that the poster has not taken the initiative to search prior posts where much of the material can be found, and expects someone else to spoon feed him/her the information.

I don’t like to see new posters getting flamed, as we all meet on this site to exchange information and insights to our industry and profession. But as one member has stated, we don’t like to teach the same class over again and again, one student at a time.

Good luck with your search.

It is beneficial to ALL if you find a thread and comment on it or ask questions. That way others read, comment and consider. When you comment it brings an old thread (however old it is) to the front of the threads. That is how a blog works. Just PM ing doesn’t help the community as a whole.