Vanuatu License Endorsement

Hello all. I’m preparing to apply for a Vanuatu endorsement on my Master’s License. Does anyone know if the endorsement carries over when the mariner upgrades tonnage limitations on his license or must he re-apply for a new endorsement based on the upgraded tonnage limitations? For instance, a Master has a 500 GRT license along with a Vanuatu endorsement. He upgrades to 1600 GRT. Would the Vanuatu endorsement be valid for the new tonnage?
Thanks!

Call their office, it’s in NYC in lower Manhattan. It’s all Americans there.

And what would that phone number be please?

1-800-google

Apparently someone does not the Master of Google endorsement on his STCW…

Sent from my iPhone using gCaptain

What’s the significance of the Vanuatu license/endorsement??? Just got hired at ECO and they said they were gonna do the paperwork for it.

many flag states require license endorsements to work on their vessels.

1. they check your license is real and your stcw95 certs are current and meets their requirements for your license level.
  2. most will also issue a discharge book as well
  3. they get some income from this

[QUOTE=ForkandBlade;105506]What’s the significance of the Vanuatu license/endorsement??? Just got hired at ECO and they said they were gonna do the paperwork for it.[/QUOTE]

You have to hold documents issued by the flag under which the vessel is registered.

[QUOTE=jdcavo;105521]You have to hold documents issued by the flag under which the vessel is registered.[/QUOTE]

Thank You! That explains it for me.