USCG inspectors

This came in my inbox this morning thought I would share.

united states coast guard\ 311x87

Good day CG Military Retirees:

I’m Serena Dietrich, the Chief of Strategic Resource Planning for PACAREA, and I’m passing along an unusual opportunity to return to active duty for a specialized assignment at Marine Inspection Detachment (MIDET) Singapore.

Description of duties: Serve as an advanced journeyman marine inspector reporting directly to the Chief, Inspections Division (CID) under the Activities Far East (FEACT) Officer in Charge, Marine Inspection (OCMI). The marine inspector will be assigned to MIDET Singapore and will receive daily tasking and assignments from the CID. Primary duties will include inspection, compliance verification, third party oversight and project management of two new construction projects, namely two U.S. flagged Floating Production Units (FPUs) being constructed simultaneously, one in Singapore and the other in South Korea. The marine inspector shall be ready to join the inspections division fully qualified, fit for duty, and ready for a fast pace and high operational tempo which requires approximately 120 days of travel annually through the Asia-Pacific Region.

Given the size and complexity of the work, D14 requested an inspector with current Hull, Machinery, and Drydock qualification, or equivalent experience with new construction of offshore platforms. The FPUs are slated to be situated in the Gulf of Mexico by the summer of 2020.

Start date is as soon as possible, for a duration of two years.

POCs:

Overall – Ms. Serena Dietrich, Serena.J.Dietrich@uscg.mil, 510-437-3534.

CG Personnel Service Command (PSC) for questions on recall/orders – CWO4 Hailie Browne, Hailie.Brown@uscg.mil, (202) 795-6462

Best regards,

Serena Dietrich

PAC-82

Alameda, CA