US military recruitment problems

And beginning with the baby boomers, they’ve been right

‘Moving on’ with worse conditions isn’t really a counterpoint

Look around man… If you’re old, ask yourself is the US a better place to live, make a living, and raise kids than it was in the past?

And lost both. To be fair, that wasn’t the fault of the generation X warfighters but rather the boomer decision makers, but still…

Standards all already low… They can’t find qualified people who are willing or willing people who are qualified. With reasons like mental health, criminal history, drug use, and morbid obesity being the disqualifiers, is lowering the standard really the answer that we’re looking for?

Yeah… I’m sure the Chinese are shaking in their boots over the thought of an army of Emmas (and Emmanuals who turned into Emmas) coming ashore in Shanghai…

1 Like

Real life isn’t a Lifetime movie.

1 Like

Air Force Academy Didn’t Ban ‘Mom’ and ‘Dad’ - Outside the Beltway

“The Air Force Academy does not prohibit the use of ‘Mom and Dad’ or other gender-specific terms,” according to the academy. “The slide in question was not intended to stand alone.”

OK to say ‘Mom’ and ‘Dad?’ Air Force Academy says inclusive language controversy is overblown - Dever Gazette

Air Force Academy officials say that’s simply not what’s happening, and that the wording on the slide in the employee seminar was taken out of context.

1 Like

Is it appropriate to refer to Space Force recruits as Space Cadets? I’ve always considered it a derogatory term.
What’s the plan for when the aliens finally come out of hiding and establish the new world order. I fear the repercussions if we make the greys angry by addressing them with pronouns reserved by the reptilians and vice versa. Slides aren’t gonna cut it. Prepare for government issue cheat sheets.

1 Like

This. The top 10% of athletic females are only equal to the bottom 15% of weak males. Physiology is a thing.
I gpt attacked by a very fit female marine after ejecting her boyfriend at the bar I was bouncing at, years ago. Full-on unarmed attempt-to disable attack, thumb in the eye, strike to the side of my knee, etc etc. I grabbed her arm and shoulder and dropped her without effort, although I did end up standing on her ankle until she screamed so she’d stop swiping at my genitals. And this is certainly nothing to brag about. Physiology is what it is. All the sexual curiosities and cheers for equality don’t equate to the ability to do violence by hand; though, as noted, while God made men, Samuel Colt truly made men (and women) equal.

2 Likes

Try the same thing with any female police officer or IDF member and tell us how it works out for you Rambo

Look around man… If you’re old, ask yourself is the US a better place to live, make a living, and raise kids than it was in the past?

Study some history, for example 1929-1940 or labor history, there are certainly problems, and challenges, but there always have been and always will be, crying that the sky is falling and running away won’t help.

And beginning with the baby boomers, they’ve been right

Strange that you hold up my generation as an example, of course those in the Lost Generation, Greatest Generation, or the Silent Generation would disagree.

Life moves on, things change, the past wasn’t utopia and the future isn’t the end of times.

And lost both. To be fair, that wasn’t the fault of the generation X warfighters but rather the boomer decision makers, but still…

And my generation (the one you hold up as a shining example) lost Vietnam, and the Silent Generation lost (yes lost) Korea, and the only reasons the Greatest Generation won WW2 was the Russians and U.S. industrial ability, (which gets us back to sealift)

Yeah… I’m sure the Chinese are shaking in their boots over the thought of an army of Emmas (and Emmanuals who turned into Emmas) coming ashore in Shanghai…

I find it telling that you choose to denigrate a motivated and patriotic soldier serving our nation.

3 Likes

What size was this WM and what size were you?
I know a former very large Marine MP who offered to go by himself, against protocol to remind a UA Marine to go back to base as he knew where the guy was. Found the little Marine on the front steps of his girl’s house and advised him to go back. The guy said OK I will in a little while. The MP reached down to give him a hand up so he could take him back and that was the last the MP remembered for a bit. The UA guy went back to base that night. The MP went back later after getting a couple stitches. MP got in trouble for not following protocol, UA guy had a few days added on to his enlistment plus a few extra chores, both laughed about it eventually. Physiology isn’t everything.

1 Like

Haha . No, far from from it. The baby boomers have been in charge during a large portion of this downfall. It’s just that the generations following them have been weaker and worse. Good times created weak men kinda thing…

Yeah and the caveman had it tough too… I’m referring to the time since WW2 (when we peaked in my opinion).

And neither will sitting back and doing nothing while the entire culture and way of life that took generations to create is systematically dismantled right in front of you.

I find it telling that your focus is putting ‘Emma’ on a pedestal instead of focusing on what makes our fighting forces most effective.

I don’t place her on a pedestal, I just choose not to denigrate her, like you do.

If you hate the U.S. so much, you’re welcome to leave, or you’re also welcome to stay and whine and cry about how awful the world is, and how it was much better way back when, or you can step upand help build the future, your choice.
Whatever you decide, the past is gone, things change, deal with it.

Yes you have and you better check your pronoun usage there.

You’re right, it is my choice. I chose to point out how we are on the wrong path in many ways vice you and your ilk who just roll over and say all changes are good and inevitable.

You know it’s not me who has an unrealistic view of human physiology, yes?

I’ll say that we need to focus on averages, not exceptions, which of course do exist. I did get tuned up a few times by smaller guys with superior combatives experience… but not always.

And it’s funny you mention the IDF, who are struggling with the problem of men being overburdened because the women are not physically capable of both carrying already reduced combat loads and carrying out assigned duties. The IDF has innovative ways of dealing with it, like increasing the number of females on mortar teams, and altering the personnel requirements for their TOE, but as Col. Tom Kratman noted, this comes at a steep cost in terms of logistics and planning.
And again, this is not to argue politics, but to note that there is very low parity in gendered physiology. And you seem to want this to be a personal thing, but it’s not.

1 Like

Saw an article about why the pool of qualified people is shrinking; the economy was listed, also COVID and it’s aftereffects but the number one issue is obesity.

I remember etiquette classes at KP during Plebe year. Might even have been during indoctrination. . .

1 Like

“In an ever-changing, incomprehensible world the masses had reached the point where they would, at the same time, believe everything and nothing, think that everything was possible and that nothing was true. … Mass propaganda discovered that its audience was ready at all times to believe the worst, no matter how absurd, and did not particularly object to being deceived because it held every statement to be a lie anyhow. The totalitarian mass leaders based their propaganda on the correct psychological assumption that, under such conditions, one could make people believe the most fantastic statements one day, and trust that if the next day they were given irrefutable proof of their falsehood, they would take refuge in cynicism; instead of deserting the leaders who had lied to them, they would protest that they had known all along that the statement was a lie and would admire the leaders for their superior tactical cleverness.”
― Hannah Arendt, [The Origins of Totalitarianism]

5 Likes

Food for thought

The Rise of Wokeness in the Military.pdf (1.5 MB)

1 Like

It’s my understanding that most diversity training is a waste of time so it’s possible that so-called wokeism is creating more problems than it solves. But the reporting that cadets are prohibited from using mom and dad or whatever is not correct.

Those two things don’t contradict.

1 Like

Both sides of the political debate are guilty of shamelessly twisting the truth. This mom and pop debacle is reminiscent of the “Don’t Say Gay” lie fabricated by the left to create outrage. Pick a side and cry foul to your heart’s content.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/23/us/what-does-dont-say-gay-actually-say.html

3 Likes

Every hero needs a villain - and way easier to beat them when you make them up yourself.

3 Likes