Understanding China

I don’t blame you one bit. If a racist sympathizer started a sugarcoated thread titled, “Understanding Andrew Jackson & US Western Expansion” I wouldn’t pay it much attention either. But I would chime in every once & awhile & remind the O.P that it was the US governments explicit goal at the time to commit genocide & erase the Native Americans & their cultures off the face of the planet. I’m no freedom fighter but during the Rwandan & Yugoslavian genocides I called bullshit on people when some tried to downplay it as “only black people killing black people” or “Christians defending their country in Serbia”. As long as the OP continues to spread propaganda & rhetoric in favor of a country that implements forced sterilization, genocide & rape as a way to govern the least I can do is chime every once in a while & call it bullshit.

1 Like

A fresh article for you to ignore

1 Like

If we have the list of genocides in the last 300 years you will see its quite long

The word Genocide didn’t exist until after WWII and the Holocaust.
The UN Genocide Treaty was approved in 1948 and came into force in 1951:
https://www.un.org/en/genocideprevention/genocide-convention.shtml
The US was the instigator and early signatory but the US Senate didn’t ratify before 1986 for fear that the US should be accused of Genocide:
U.S. Senate: William Proxmire and the Genocide Treaty

OTOH, there are these issues mentioned, and OTOH China is doing great initiatives like the Loess Plateau and Gobi desert regreening.

That was convenient dont you think OM, so what did we call it before?
Progress?
The people from Deigo Garcia were spared their lives but kidnapped and moved, thats modern genocide maybe?
Same as in China, just moved a certain group for re education, very MAO!

Britain. France. Germany. Holland. Canada. All are sending warships to the South China Sea in growing “pushback” against Beijing.

Britain’s defence ministry says a multinational task force centred on its new 65,000-ton aircraft carrier HMS Queen Elizabeth will arrive in South East Asia between April and June.

France sent one of its nuclear-powered attack submarines which passed through the South China Sea earlier this month. Now it’s sending the 21,000-ton amphibious assault ship FS Tonnere and a frigate through the disputed waters in coming weeks.

And last month, the Royal Canadian Navy frigate Winnipeg passed through the contested Taiwan Strait to emphasise a “free and open Indo-Pacific”.

Link:

PS> Not DG. They were worried about loss of sovereignty, civil rights and Vietnam war:

Enough Project:
https://enoughproject.org/about

thanks for the post, interesting stuff

Correct, however I was not alive the last 300 years and the title of this thread is “understanding China.” The OP clearly needs help understanding so I thought I’d contribute to his education.

OTOH China has committed the same type of human rights abuses in Tibet, OTOH China is claiming territories that historically have not belonged to them in India, the Pacific, and Bhutan.

There is no “other hand” with a government who’s committing genocide and human rights abuses all across the country. That’s like saying “well yes, he’s a serial killer but did you see the community garden he planted?”

1 Like

This thread is about China not the US government and their political system. Feel free to stop deflecting one of these days.

Sure. They’re called great men and people build statues of them and make romantic movies about them. Vlad Tepes is a revered figure in Romania, and Abraham Lincoln is a revered figure in the US.

You consider Xi a great man? You consider Abraham Lincoln and Xi on the same playing field? What sort of alternate facts are you going to supply to support that comparison?

Thanks but no thanks. If I need any additional education I’ll find a more levelheaded and informed teacher.

BTW; I’m still waiting for you to tell me about your personal experience in the region, especially with this genocide. I can’t wait:

Then why start the thread? What am I not level headed about?

I don’t owe you any explanation. My own personal experience is enough for me. You’re destroying your own credibility which wasn’t worth a shit anyways. Keep spending time furthering the CCP line! You’re doing great work!

If I was a buffalo and an American Indian, and a citizen of Liberia, I’d say Xi killed less people than A. Lincoln.

2 Likes

Because there are a shortage of understanding of China in some quarters.
BTW; I think this thread has got onto a wrong track. Maybe time to end it?

Do you really want to hear about that??

How can I answer your question if you don’t tell?