Understanding China

And what opinion was that exactly? That there’s a genocide happening?

Best laugh I had all day! I can see Tucker Carlson and Rush backing this whole hog!

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. The refugees of my enemy are my poster-children–unless they want to cross my damn border! :rofl:

2 Likes

I wish I didn’t start reading that story. I didn’t finish, it was too gruesome. I read another story about that lady & was going to post it but decided to scroll back first to see if it was already here. The BBC is a more reputable publication than the one I first read & far more descriptive. When it comes to humity & the cruelties that we can inflict I seldom give us the benefit of the doubt. Screw anyone who defends that or tries to downplay systematic rape, torture & forced sterilization for political games.

2 Likes

No surprise here, one of the most respected news agencies in the world that reported on systematic rape, torture & genocide in China has been kicked out of that country.

1 Like

Threatening to sanction countries who boycott the olympics:

1 Like

China’s rhetoric sounds like a bunch of uneducated spoiled brats, oh wait, Mao’s chosen ones are running the country

1 Like

The developed world has a problem with China and since their actions in HongKong, with that entity as well. A contract or civil recourse means nothing to them. They consider themselves above criticism and respond to any with drastic action to innocent parties of that country.
Australia, the lucky country, has a trade deal with China. Sweet, that’s going well.
New Zealand won a legal battle over intellectual property rights in horticulture. We can kiss that goodbye as well as any redress for the stolen property.
And please don’t hand me the excuse that it is payback for what happened two centuries ago, my father fought against the Germans and the Japanese and I worked for the former and drive a Japanese car.

a bilion people have no say its just the commie party ensuring they stay in control

E-commerce bypassed ordinary shops in sales during CNY in China:

1 Like

E-Commerce is the future. Most people on this forum use it. Many store fronts will survive . People like to look at and test drive cars before they buy, check out the quality of clothes etc. but who wants to order raw seafood over the internet? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yes if you want to understand China you ask a Honkie so called “Democracy demonstrator”.
That is like understanding the US by watching Fox News, or asking a “Proud Boy”.

Should we trust the BBC & or is that like rednecks on Fox News too?

What has a video from Lost Library of Vine got to do with BBC??
The well spoken fellow with sunglasses was obviously a Honkie.
If you have ever been to HK you should recognize that accent.

Honkie.

Sounds a bit racist…classist, maybe?

Might want to check your privilege.

Why?? Short form of Hongkonger only.
Widely used in Asia to describe someone from Hong Kong, incl. by other Chinese of all classes. Even by some Honkies themselves.

Why did you post that video if you didn’t know anything about the content??

It was a joke, you dingosaurus rex.

And just because they refer themselves as Honkies doesn’t mean you, a white European, gets to. There is, in all likelyhood, someone somewhere that will get offended by it.

Kinda like rap music. Just because they say certain words in a song doesn’t mean you get to sing along.

Bad joke. Insulting 1.4 bln. Chinese by calling China Assh*le is not a joke.
Maybe you like that and that he appeared to like Trump?

Don’t you haven’t any better insult than that? What is a dingosaurus rex anyhow? A cross between an Australian dingo and a dinosaur? Interesting, but how?

Not everybody is hung up in skin colour and race. Having lived in a mixed race society most of my life I don’t consider that a major thing to worry about.

BTW; there are Honkies of European and Indian extraction. (among others)

PS> Rap is not my thing, but you may sing along if you want.

lol wow

Yes, some people from Hong Kong do find that term offensive. Stereotyping because of clothes, sunglasses or accent is even worse. But since not many people are from Hong Kong wear it out, stereotype all you want. Just be careful in public when using other derogatory words & stereotypes that you think shouldn’t be offensive. It’s a bad habit to have that can get you in trouble quick.

BTW, the guy in the video called China “asshole”, not the Chinese people. I know proud Chinese people who say we shouldn’t trust the government of China under any circumstances. They love fellow Chinese people, just not the government where the people pretty much have no say how the government is ran.