Ukraine

And give up all the free Federal money they get? Not likely.

2 Likes

Finland first, let Putin organise a referendum there, then maybe Sweden and Alaska.
Oh, and Poland.

Sweden was never a Russian colony, or rule by the Tsar. Nor are there any long established Russian speaking population. What would be the excuse to hold a referendum there??

PS> All the Russian intelligentsia that is moving to Sweden now hardly qualify.

if Russians move there then that lunatic putin wil invade to protect the russians from the local nazis
He will make one of his fake movies just to show you Sweden is full of nazis persecuting russians.

Excuse !

IKEA closed all it’s Russian stores, there are probably many urban Russian women who would consider that tantamount to to an act of WAR.

Denial of access to a vital resource.

(There are probably plenty of Russian men who are breathing a sigh of relief and throwing out the assembly keys to the snuurgg vgelpf)

2 Likes

Why? So Nancy Pelosi can start a war in Taiwan?

Sweden was ruled by the same family as Russia’s. The tsars and the monarchs of Europe are all closely related.

Yes they are and presently those who remains on the throne are all constitutional monarch with no political power:

The main adversaries in WWI were closely related:

Queen Elizabeth II can trace her ancestry back to William the Conqueror, who was a descendent of Rollon (Gange Rolv) the first Duke of Normandy who was born on the island of Giske, close to Alesund. It is a Bronze statue surrounded by trees in Alesund Park, Alesund, Norway:

Don’t believe it. The real deal is that most understand they don’t want to face the consequences of poor political decisions ending up in the deaths of millions of people, and are quite content to put up a facade of neutrality.

I doubt sincerely that Canada, UK, New Zealand and Australia governments are not receiving instructions from the same crowd. Mob lords don’t personally get their hands dirty and are very good at delegating unsavory tasks.

WTF, he’s not even wearing pants.

Yes but as I’m sure you know (and have possibly experienced) Pants is Overated

1 Like

Neither does Donald Duck!!

Why does Goofy wear pants, but Pluto doesn’t?

Pluto indentifies as non binary.

1 Like

Pluto indentifies as non binary.

I had to look up the term “non binary” i thought it had something to do with 2s and even numbers.
Then I found out it means some people do not know what sex they are. Back in the old days folks could look inside their underwear and figure out what sex they were.

3 Likes

That didn’t always prove accurate in Thailand.

2 Likes

Surprised , that BLM, cancel culture and woke hordes have not reached that far north. Lucky statue. Have read recently The War on the West by Douglas Murray and am worried about this statue chances of survival intact. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Back to subject of the thread:

Article from NYT August 2nd:

Living Side by Side, Ukrainian and Russian Sailors Are Tested by War

Sailors are accustomed to not discussing politics at sea, but the war between the two countries has made that more difficult.

…Even on vessels where sailors made concerted efforts to avoid talk of the war, the Ukrainian sailors said in interviews that they were haunted by fears about their families and friends in Ukraine.

Dmytro Deineka, 24, a sailor from Kharkiv, said that he and the four other Ukrainians on board had tried not to respond to comments by the Russian captain and chief officer on his ship to avoid retaliation. But in the weeks after his grandmother’s house was hit by a bomb, he laid out his point of view to the pro-Russian captain from Crimea. The captain responded aggressively, saying that Ukraine was full of Nazis and needed to be saved by the Russians…

1 Like

Douglas Murray is a jewel. A self described gay neoconservative who claims to be a Christian atheist. Very unique fellow.

1 Like