Transatlantic lines (TAL) current situation

Only less than a month ago I still saw that hunk of shit Transatlantic anchored in Long Beach. What an eyesore.

saw on FB she was sold to someone.

now it is turn for the TRANSATLANTIC

even though a little miserable POS vessel, I still hope she remains US flag

Reefer “Shockets” is a pretty great Freudian slip.

Whaaaat- you don’t want this lil creampuff? Kick the tires and light the fires.

I have no idea what she will fetch but it might be something Matson would be interested in.

She would be perfect to run between the islands.

The Transatlantic is not all that different than Matson’s reflagged Kamokuiki that will be on their Hononlulu to Marshall Island service.

Apparently, the TRANSATLANTIC is scheduled for auction tomorrow.

I wish c.captain the best of luck with his bid.

Who bought it?

most likely the bank that held the mortgage which I expect was much higher than the fair market value of the ship today

I heard the Geysir was sold in Jax and should be heading to the yard for repairs in the next week or two in order to bring it back online. I thought it was going to be towed to Brownsville so I am quite surprised by this.

I’m guessing it was Sealift that bought it?

Not sure, heard the rumor from the yard tug Captain. I can’t imagine who would be interested in that bucket of trouble.

Marine Traffic puts the TRANSATLANTIC still anchored off Ensenada.

Did anyone buy her? Is she there for breaking, or repairs?

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but I just realized the ole TRANSATLANTIC is now under Peruvian Flag trading as the MARIA REINA.

The old Geysir has been in dry dock after getting sold at auction.

Seems like it is getting ready to sail.

She is at North Florida Shipyard in Jax. All painted and looks much better. The cargo from her last voyage looks like it is still on her. Not sure who bought her but I heard the NotGoodMander has somehow resurfaced.

Any news on any of this?

OH DEAR GOD NO! Please someone shoot that miserable SOB before he returns to inflict his miserable skinflint ways upon the US merchant mariner

Do what? Who the hell is that?

Did the crews who were abandoned anchored off US ports on the GEYSIR and TRANSATLANTIC by the owner and their worthless MEBA union, ever get paid?