Tour

Can anyone tell me when a DE signs your tour can they put all the same dates I heard a few dif people say yes and no just wanted a lil more info before I send it in to get my mates.

Hey numbscull…can’t you read!

Post Titles - A small request.

We love members who take the time and have the guts to post new threads… their initiative is what makes this forum great. But there is one problem… titles! The archives of gCaptain are chock full of great posts but they can be hard to find in search results because of generic titles. And this leads to redundant/split posts.

So… be specific in your title. Give us a clew about what you are asking. 10 word titles are better than 2 word titles! And don’t forget to make them interesting! For more information on this subject click on the following link: Post Titles - A small request by gCaptain Administrators

on top of that, your question makes no sense at all. What the hell does signing a tour mean?

sheesh…where do these people come from?

All the same dates would look suspicious to me…so why do it?

Are you talking about a Designated Examiner?? Or did you mean DDE?? Are you talking abut signing off on assessments?? If you are talking about having assessments signed off I would think it would be almost impossible to have them all signed off on one day, if you & the assessor are doing a thorough job. And only a 2nd Asst Eng. & Chief Eng. Limited or hire can sign off on assessments. Again, if that’s what you are talking about.

This forum is very helpful, but you need to really clarify what you are asking about. If you aren’t sure TRY to help us help you.

[QUOTE=West505;63580]Can anyone tell me when a DE signs your tour can they put all the same dates I heard a few dif people say yes and no just wanted a lil more info before I send it in to get my mates.[/QUOTE]

It might prompt some additional scrutiny, but it is possibly acceptable. The sign-offs in the TOAR differe from STCW assessments. With an STCW assessment, the assessment is witnessing a single, very specific demonstration. And there are a lot of them. The sign-offs in the TOAR are more general, hence there are far fewer of them. When a designated examiner signs off the TOAR, they are attesting that you have demonstrated the ability to competently perform ther task, it’s is not simply witnessing a one-time performance of a very sopecific demonstration. This is why anyone with the right license/CSTCW can sign for STCW, while DEs have to be approved, and have experience and/or training in conducting assessments. So, it is possible that many parts of the TOPAR signed off on the same day represent the end of a longer period of observation and training durring which the DE observed the trainee and determined if they are competent.