The Maritime Job Leads Thread

Oh I’m so glad I saw your post! I am also a nurse. rRN. And am looking to go back to sea. Before becoming a mother. Then nurse I sailed aboard MSC ships. The last being the Pawcatuck. I want to go back to where I started. A do over. If you get any leads please contact me. I will try to do same. Still learning how this site works! Best of luck to you shipmate!

McAllister hiring assistant engineers in NY

Prefer “recent maritime grads” which I take to mean under 30.

They are skirting the law with that preference, in my opinion. But if you are interested have at it.

From Indeed.com for Edison Chouest

1 Like

I need a Captain for a Harbor tug. Part time, could lead to more.

North of Jacksonville, small port

200 T, MOT

PM me if interested

2000 HP, twin screw, Kort nozzles

2 Likes

Annual Navingo Career Event for 2019 to be held in Rotterdam 23. May:

1 Like

This one looks good thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

Deckhand
Kevin Gros Consulting & Marine Services - Larose, LA
[Apply Now](javascript:void(0):wink:
Our company is in need to deckhand for Offshore vessels. Apply at 13080 w main street, Larose, La
Please have all certifications
Job Type: Full-time
Experience:

• Offshore Vessels: 1 year (Preferred)

As always, if you are coming down to Louisiana to seek a job for any position, I will be happy to help in anyway and provide nice, affordable accommodations at A Chateau on the Bayou B&B. I still offer a discounted rate of $75/night to mariners looking for work and/or taking classes in the area at Faulk Safety, now called Rely On Nutec in Houma, or the Marine Training Institute (DP Classes) in Gray, LA
You can email me at claudettelp@charter.net to make reservations or if you have any questions regarding renting a car, coming from the airport, etc. My B&B is located just 30 minutes from the New Orleans airport and is in a great central location to all of the companies in the area. Wishing you all the very best.
Claudette Ledet Pitre
A Chateau on the Bayou B&B
3158 Hwy 308
Raceland, LA 70394
(985) 537-6773 or (985) 413 6773
FB page: https://www.facebook.com/A-Chateau-On-The-Bayou-Bed-Breakfast-Claudette-L-Pitre-121896531157165/

What kind of money does a company like Kevin Gros pay for a deckhand?

Something like $100 a day with no benefits?

I noticed that Bank of America has recently announced a $20 per hour minimum wage for all employees company wide. That’s $160 a day, plus very good benefits, and home every night.

Tugsailor, The Kevin Gros job may not be for you, but I am sharing for someone else that may be interested in getting started in this industry as you did one day.

Here is another job for someone that may be interested.

I just don’t know how or why anyone in 2019 (with a booming shoreside labor market) would travel to the bayou, pay $75 a night for a room, buy meals, and spend days going from office to office filling out dozens of applications and begging for extremely low paying jobs far from home, with no paid travel.

Furthermore, its my observation that there is a shortage of good deckhands just about everywhere.

3 Likes

Tugsailor, the industry is certainly different now than it was in 2014, when companies were paying a lot of money, but most of the companies have begun hiring, again, and looking at a better future. Lots of new contracts have been signed and things are beginning to move upward, once again. I am not here to debate anything with you, just share what is going on for others that may be interested.
I have a mariner coming in, in a few weeks, looking for work and will be happy to post what he finds. Apparently, he feels it is worth the trip, meals, etc. You have been in this industry for quite sometime and I don’t remember you ever posting anything positive on my posts, but I know I have helped many mariners in search of work and will be happy to help anyone else that is interested in a career.

As always, I still offer a discounted rate of $75/night to mariners looking for work and/or taking classes in the area at Faulk Safety, now called Rely On Nutec in Houma, or the Marine Training Institute (DP Classes) in Gray, LA
Rely on Nutec has just begun offering ARPA classes, now. Here is a link to all of the classes they offer.
https://booking.relyonnutec.com/en-GB_US?fbclid=IwAR3h9g-oGMSDttnIld47TvcC-2qudKCGB7t8jcUMjYWKMPBSwrtWmgLG87k

You can email me at claudettelp@charter.net to make reservations or if you have any questions regarding renting a car, coming from the airport, etc.
My B&B is located just 30 minutes from the New Orleans airport and is in a great central location to all of the companies in the area.

Wishing you all the very best.
Claudette Ledet Pitre
A Chateau on the Bayou B&B
3158 Hwy 308
Raceland, LA 70394
(985) 537-6773 or (985) 413 6773
FB page: https://www.facebook.com/A-Chateau-On-The-Bayou-Bed-Breakfast-Claudette-L-Pitre-121896531157165/

2 Likes

http://www.chouest.com/employment.html

I know several mariners who were very pleased with Ms. Claudette’s B&B, and even more so with her exceptional job hunting assistance, back during the Gulf oil patch boom years. I’ve never heard a bad word about her.

What I hear from people working in the Gulf now is that hiring, including at some of the better companies, has picked up, but that wages have not improved.

3 Likes

I would say wages are about where they were at 2009-2010 in general. Of course there are exceptions on all ends of the spectrum.

Been receiving gCaptain for a long time but first time on the blog. Please include me with the job board.

Kevin Gros did not pay good money when things were going good but if you really need a job, take it. When I was there, all the boats were old and worn out. The manager’s daughter was handling crewchanges and she did not care if we got a relief or not because her job was never in danger and she went home every night.

I don’t know much about the third string Gulf mudboat companies, but what you said fits with the other things that I have heard about them. News that Kevin Gros is hiring a couple of deckhands for peanuts isn’t anything to get excited about.

However, a little bit of good news today is that Murphy Oil is buying LLOG for over $1 billion. Murphy is focusing on the Eagle Ford Shale (land drilling) and the OFFSHORE Gulf.