USA - Gulf of Mexico (GOM)
Stop! Before filling out this application read the statement below.
It is imperative that you fill out Parker Drillings application completely, correctly, and accurately. Without accurate information (i.e. dates, phone numbers, positions etc.) your application may not be considered for employment. Applications deemed as being inaccurate (falsified) will not be considered for employment.
Due to the large volume of applications received by Parker Drilling Company, we may only consider applications that are filled out completely, correctly and accurately. Also, as an applicant, you increase your chances of getting hired if your application is completely filled out.
50 Ton Masters License Required - Ability to navigate using GPS and Radar.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be added.
– Operate assigned boat in a safe manner.
– Responsible for transporting rig crew and supplies to assigned locations in a timely manner.
– Cleans inside and outside of boat. Also keeps boat painted.
– Checks for water in bilge and keeps bilge clean of oil.
– Checks oil level in engines and clutches; checks engine for oil, water and fuel leaks; and checks all lighting on boat.
– Checks motor support bracket, alternator belts, stuffing box (grease and pack as needed), and the condition of all hoses and clamps.
– Skipper must start and run all boats assigned to the rig daily.
– Skipper ensures that a spare wheel and shaft are available for the boat. These must be kept on the boat, not on the rig.
– Checks exhaust manifolds for leaks and checks air breathers, and changes oil and filters every 100 hours. Includes fuel filters.
– Picks up boat every month and checks bottom.
– Changes oil in clutch every 200 hours and cleans strainer screen every week.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
-- Must possess all necessary education and certifications to properly operate and maintain company-operates boats.
-- Must possess at least 5 years experience in the operation and maintenance of boats.
-- Must posses good oral and written communication skills.
-- A foreign language (such as Spanish or Russian) is beneficial but not required.
-- Must possess basic math skills.
-- Must possess excellent reasoning ability/common sense.
-- Must not pose a direct threat or significant risk of substantial harm to the safety or health of himself/herself or others.
-- Must be committed to a high standard of safety and be willing and able to comply with all safety laws, regulations and company’s safety policies.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
-- Must possess all current certifications necessary in the operation and maintenance of company-operated boats.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Sitting, standing, walking, lifting materials (maximum 100 pounds), carrying, pushing, pulling, climbing stairs, climbing using legs and arms, balancing, stooping, kneeling, repeated bends, crawling, reaching high and low, and repetitive twisting or pressure, involving wrist and hands. Hearing, seeing (including depth perception and peripheral vision), ability of rapid mental coordination simultaneously. Must be able to tolerate continuous vibrations and elevated noise levels as well as tolerate wearing personal protective equipment, including, but not limited to, a hard hat, steel toed safety shoes, hearing protection, respirators, safety glasses, goggles and full body harness. Mentally alert for entire regular shift.
This position works in various locations – both in the U.S. and internationally. In international locations, may be subject to extreme temperatures, hostile environments, civil unrest, etc. Also, travel to and from work location may require extended layovers in unfamiliar locations. Exposure to temperature changes, wetness, confined spaces, chemicals, grease and oil, working with ladder/scaffold, working with hands in water, and working alone. Parker Drilling Company will supply adequate training and equipment to meet the functions of the job.