The adventure begins

As a result of a lack of good recent employment, a lot of time on my hands, and an idea that unfortunately fits the present economic conditions, www.maritimerepo.com is born.

You can read on the site what we are all about. Any available, qualified, and credentialed mariners of all grades are invited to submit (copy & paste) a short resume with 3 references to the contact form on the site. References will be checked. A file of available people will be kept in the hopes that this enterprise actually amounts to something. Pay will be industry average or better, (possibly much better) depending on the situation.

This is a brand new venture being done on a budget for now but as one of my old instructors, a retired ship captain, told me, “nothing ventured, nothing gained.”

Please feel free to pm me here (or submit to www.maritimerepo.com ) any constructive criticism of the website or the idea, it is appreciated and any fruitful business leads will be rewarded.

Now let’s get back to work and have some fun while we’re at it.

<O:p
CaptJoe

good luck.

Holy Smokes… That’s terrible but at the same time, brilliant.

Hopefully :wink:

best luck with your endeavor!!

believe there is definitely a market for an crewing agency specializing in paring the “freelance” mariner to companies that require temporary crews from time to time??

as far as the “repo” segiment…imagine if things don’t turn around soon there will be plenty of that too…much like the early 1980’s!!

I really like the challenges that this endeavor promotes…There is nothing like showing up to an empty vessel and having to orientate your self on it’s systems and it’s unique configurations…Especially it it had been operating on a shoe string budget ,which is very likely in the cases of the repo’s…

Let’s get “Dawg” the bounty hunter his 100 master’s license, pair him up with those “Operation Repo” folks, and cut 'em loose.

I enjoy the freedom of third party contracting and freelancing…you’ve got my info now on your webb page…let’s see what happens.

Good luck. I will be adding my resume. There is another big name in the market you know.

OP- welcome aboard- good idea! And good luck.:slight_smile:

I would suggest posting more info on yourself-such as your experience- and better contact info.

There are lots of scammers out there- and it might allay some of the concerns potential applicants might have over having their personal/contact info harvested.

Anthony

[quote=Ordinaryseaman;24186]OP- welcome aboard- good idea! And good luck.:slight_smile:

I would suggest posting more info on yourself-such as your experience- and better contact info.

There are lots of scammers out there- and it might allay some of the concerns potential applicants might have over having their personal/contact info harvested.

Anthony[/quote]

I’m just an old tugboat captain looking for work for myself and other good people that I’ve worked with over the years. Worked all over but mainly foreign doing damn near anything that can be done with a tug. Feel free to send me an email and I’ll send you my resume.

regards

Yeah there’s a few of them, but we’re going to be the best.:wink:

[QUOTE=captjoe;24194]Yeah there’s a few of them but we’re going to be the best.;)[/QUOTE]

In Sam Waltons book, he attributed much of his success to surrounding himself with the best people he could…I think the strategy is sound…

Exactly.

I’ve received resumes from 5 captains. No Engineers or ABs out there?

www.maritimerepo.com