Syria Employment

Will the coming new war in Syria create a lot of job opportunities for US mariners?

Most wars have that effect.

With a couple more ISIS tertor attacks in the West, and especially if a similar attack occurs in the US, it’s not difficult to imagine a great many US troops going to Iraq and Syria. If this happens, and it certainly is looking more likely, I am curious about how many and what type of jobs this will create for US Mariners. I assume it would be mostly MSC jobs for the Ready Reserve fleet?

[QUOTE=tugsailor;173544]With a couple more ISIS tertor attacks in the West, and especially if a similar attack occurs in the US, it’s not difficult to imagine a great many US troops going to Iraq and Syria. If this happens, and it certainly is looking more likely, I am curious about how many and what type of jobs this will create for US Mariners. I assume it would be mostly MSC jobs for the Ready Reserve fleet?[/QUOTE]

I would imagine the Unions would pick up a bunch of the work, as the many ROS ships may be activated. War is always good for business.

Paris, ISIS threats to do the same n Washington, and Obama’s plan to bring home at least 10,000 Syrian refugees, will probably elect a Republican instead of another Clinton.

The war in Syria is going to get serious.

Probably way more money to be made driving a truck around than a boat. That’s where the cash was last time.