Shooting at Houstons Marine in NOLA

Guess there was a shooting at the Houston Marine. Timer has it as a DP instructor shooting his boss.

How very sad. I never met Mr. Tardo but he had helped quite a few guys I know. My thoughts and prayers with his family this morning.

[QUOTE=psquiggs;174741]Guess there was a shooting at the Houston Marine. Timer has it as a DP instructor shooting his boss.

http://wgno.com/2015/12/04/police-investigate-fatal-shooting-at-kenner-strip-mall/[/QUOTE]

I actually worked with the suspect 18 years ago. He never was a very good person, but I never believed I would be reading about him murdering someone. I wonder what the motive is. Probably something stupid. I also remember seeing him at Harah’s in New Orleans several times years ago.

My thoughts are with the family of the Mr. Tardo whose life was cut short by a low life loser.

What a piece of shit.

An update with a little background.

[QUOTE=psquiggs;174741]Guess there was a shooting at the Houston Marine. Timer has it as a DP instructor shooting his boss.

http://wgno.com/2015/12/04/police-investigate-fatal-shooting-at-kenner-strip-mall/[/QUOTE]

What the f-…

We’ve got a very sick mentality in this country.

Could it have been a racial thing?

[QUOTE=cmakin;174950]Could it have been a racial thing?[/QUOTE]

Who knows. He actually worked for Chouest for a short time also. I wrote him up and he was terminated there, also. I never heard anything racial from him when we worked together. First time I worked with him was at Seacor and then again at ECO. Glad he didn’t shoot me. He was a little slow. Makes me wonder what kind of instruction people received from his DP course. Very sad outcome.

I worked with the shooter back in the late 90’s with ECO. He was a strange person but never thought he would be capable of doing something like this.
However he always thought he was better boat handler than what he was. I also had to write him up for poor job performance.

Thoughts and prayers goes out to the family of victim and of the shooter. No family should have to go through this.

Several years back a crew member at my company who was known as somewhat slow was given an unlicensed deckineer position and had an inflated sense of importance from what I’m told. Apparently he and the crew clashed and eventually he assaulted the captain seriously enough to put him in the hospital for a night or two. After beating the crap out of the captain he got on the radio and called dispatch asking for help. It was very strange. At the end of the day its important to take note of co-workers who are slow or have stranger than usual social habits aboard the vessel. I hate to say it but maybe they should require a little training for recognizing crazy fuckers like this. Maybe skip one day of bullshit sea stories at leadership and management skills and dedicate it to sifting through the usual anti-social bullshit mariner behavior and teach us how to recognize early warning signs of psychos and how to safely remove them from the work environment before they hurt someone.