Shell Knows what Aiviq's Captain had for Breakfast

[QUOTE=Kennebec Captain;167533]It almost goes without saying of course but Shell presumably does not want or need to know about anyone’s diet. What was meant was that the process of monitoring the performance of the contractors was going to be so intense that they would know, they didn’t say they would care.

A vessel auditor is going to inadvertently learn many inconsequential details during an audit.[/QUOTE]

Who is doing the monitoring? Shell? They actually have people with knowledge of operating in these waters and if so why aren’t they operating instead of “monitoring”? From what I have heard on this forum Chouest has put another crew of good ole boys from the GOM on there which should work out just dandy, who knows how Noble chose the crew for that POS they sent up there. They probably at least made sure to not hire someone likely to report them for pumping oil over the side like last time. Wonder what kind of confidentiality agreement this group had to sign?
Clown show.

It looks like Shell has “contract holders” doing the monitoring.

The contract management side has entirely changed,” she says. She has designated senior Shell employees as “contract holders” who each supervise one or two outside companies to the exclusion of other duties.

In my experence the charterers range from almost hands off to near ISM-like audits. What Shell is doing I don’t know. I would think it would take considerable expertise to keep an eye on things in any meaningful way.

How can I cash in and make some money on the deal? I can monitor breakfast, or even the wheelhouse coffee pot if I’m not so qualified for the mess room.

Mainecheng was supposed to hook me up with a job watching and logging wildlife but he dropped the ball.

no point monitoring the contractors they just did what shell told them to do( while they were laughing)
It was the instructions that were useless

All the way to the bank…

Lets count the ways Pickard has already failed…
Making sure there is a competent Captain, we all know by now the Master and his Relief are nothing more than paper captains. They lied about their experience, Shell just took their word for it.
The Shell physicals were pencil whipped, they checked blood pressure and called it a day.
Master carried around semi automatic (AR15) weapon on board for weeks. Chouest hotline called by crew. Good ol boy can do whatever he want’s.
Several bridge officers refused to take Cold Water Huet before going to the Arctic. Doubt a 400lb guy could fit in a flight suit anyway.
Shell said no straight time allowed while working, they want everyone bright and fresh so to speak. Several bridge officers are going on 4 Months or more…oh wait they don’t have Huet so they can’t get off anyway,ha…
Now do you think Shell knows what’s really going on or much less what the Capt had for breakfast? There is with out a doubt no oversight.
These are just some minor issues…the point is Pickard is blowen smoke.

[QUOTE=powerabout;167560]no point monitoring the contractors they just did what shell told them to do( while they were laughing)
It was the instructions that were useless[/QUOTE]

Good point. The word “supervise” means different things to different people and depends on context. A captain does not supervise an experienced C/M the same way he would a new 3/M.

When Shell was critized for not properly supervising contrators was there not a presumption that Shell would also fix the problem of poor planning?

[QUOTE=JB Slave;167580]Lets count the ways Pickard has already failed…
Making sure there is a competent Captain, we all know by now the Master and his Relief are nothing more than paper captains. They lied about their experience, Shell just took their word for it.
The Shell physicals were pencil whipped, they checked blood pressure and called it a day.
Master carried around semi automatic (AR15) weapon on board for weeks. Chouest hotline called by crew. Good ol boy can do whatever he want’s.
Several bridge officers refused to take Cold Water Huet before going to the Arctic. Doubt a 400lb guy could fit in a flight suit anyway.
Shell said no straight time allowed while working, they want everyone bright and fresh so to speak. Several bridge officers are going on 4 Months or more…oh wait they don’t have Huet so they can’t get off anyway,ha…
Now do you think Shell knows what’s really going on or much less what the Capt had for breakfast? There is with out a doubt no oversight.
These are just some minor issues…the point is Pickard is blowen smoke.[/QUOTE]

Some pretty heavy comments there. You can support these as actually going on right now or is this something you heard from your cousin’s best friend’s neighbor who saw Ferris at 31 flavors last night?

Straight from the Aiviq Crew, I assume they don’t like the way they’ve been treated here lately…so their talking. A look into it will find all are fact.