Sea Service credit in foreign country on personal watercraft

Well the answer is obvious, they must be made of wood of course. And using proper oar commands at all times would also be a necessity!

Iā€™m thinking that counts towards CDLšŸ˜Ž

1 Like

Just when I thought the average intelligence couldnā€™t go lower I read this. Good lord, anyone capable of finding gCaptain on the internet should be able to do some simple Googling in order to avoid making themselves look foolish.

Maybe Google delivered him here?

1 Like

It should, as long as you can identify the actual owner, have them sign it, and have good contact information for them so the USCG can verify it if they want to. You can only use so much time like that though so if you already have a lot of small boat time logged it may not be worth the hassle.

1 Like

Half the required time for any limited tonnage license has no minimum tonnage. You can get it in a canoe with an outboard or on a Hobie 17ā€™ catamaran.

1 Like

Thank you for enlightening me on that fact. I never used canoe time for licensing.

Besides for that, a lot of you all assumed this was a joke and obviously you canā€™t log rubber dinghy time. As a point of fact you CAN do so.
Iā€™ll stand by that unless you are utterly desperate for time, I would not bother. The potential hassles of it donā€™t seem worth it.

1 Like

Donā€™t put yourself down brother. I bet you are very intelligent in your own way. Hereā€™s some homework for you. Can you reference a CFR about sea service time in foreign countries on personal watercraft?

Thanks Captain. I should have clarified that it is my own boat. That makes it way easier as you already know. I donā€™t have any sea days yet so I thought I might as well start on them while in Croatia.

Check with the Croatian authorities while you are there about getting seatime.for a Croatian license while operating your boat there, Please share with us their response.