Ro-ro passenger ship DHARMA KENCANA VIII capsized - For Main Blog?

The Ro-Ro passenger ferry Dharma Kencana VIII listed and partially sank in Flores Sea at Western tip of East Nusa Tenngara Island, Indonesia. The incident occurred on October 14th 2016 in the afternoon. The ship left the terminal at Labuan Bajo, but shortly after that heavily listed to starboard and started sinking as supported by the photograph.

There were approximately 200 passengers aboard at the time of the incident. There were no reports of injuries or fatalities. The ferry also had trucks aboard that shifted when the vessel listed to the starboard side which even worsened the stability. The root cause has not been confirmed at this time although improper ballasting appears to be the major factor. There were no reports of pollution, although booms have been deployed to minimize any potential environmental negative impact.

The ship was built in 1988 by Hayashikane Dockyard in Nagasaki, Japan. The ship IMO is (8807428).

you do not even know the proper definition of the word “capsize” you bloody imbecile

capsize

verb cap·size \ˈkap-ˌsīz

Definition

of a boat : to turn over : to turn so that the bottom is on top

IDIOT!

Ok thx c.captain let me reword it. Is that better and more precise? thx I tried to edit the thread title also but with the problems with the forum software. I am not sure if it is taking?

[QUOTE=DeepSeaDiver;191545]Ok thx c.captain let me reword it. Is that better and more precise? thx I tried to edit the thread title also but with the problems with the software. I am not sure if it is taking?[/QUOTE]

I don’t give a SHIT if it is better now! you were purporting being a master and such a STOOPID gaff on your part tells me you anything but…

and pray tell us what this BULLSHIT is in your profile of getting in and out of Zodiacs means anyway? Do you enjoy BLOWING them up?

[QUOTE=c.captain;191546]I don’t give a SHIT if it is better now! you are supposedly a master and such a STOOPID gaff on your part tells me you anything but…

maybe you’re a MasterBaiter…

and pray tell us what this BULLSHIT is in your profile of getting in and out of Zodiacs means anyway? Do you enjoy BLOWING them up?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the help c.captain. Appreciated. All the articles that have been written so far by others do talk about capsize. But I again appreciate you helping with the terminology you think is best. I value your forum expertise. If they post this info to the main blog? I hope they add you as an author / editorial assistant also.

I would also like to thank all the parties that were involved from the National Search and Rescue Agency (Basarnas) Kupang with the rescue of all the passengers and crew aboard the Dharma Kencana VIII when the ship heavily listed to starboard and partially sank. Great job Team. My prayers are also with all the people that still may be being treated for a speedy recovery.

DSD