RF-ID mustering systmes

Does anyone have any experience with RF-ID mustering systems? I’m researching new options for taking emergency/drill musters aboard my rig. Has anyone ever used them? If so how well did the particular system work?
Thanks

[QUOTE=Conrad Metzenberg;114930]Does anyone have any experience with RF-ID mustering systems? I’m researching new options for taking emergency/drill musters aboard my rig. Has anyone ever used them? If so how well did the particular system work?
Thanks[/QUOTE]

A couple issues:

1. Making sure everyone has them, and so you have to make it part of everyday PPE, plus make sure people in their rooms grab their ID Cards.
  2. You must have spare cards and the machine to format them onboard, people will lose them, lock them in lockers, take them home with them. Control of cards is hard.

Its a good system if you have the proper control and resources. But T-Card system is still just as easy and financially cheaper. Sometimes simple is better.

Your identification is your room key as well. We had the Vingcard system. It’s not practical to retrofit this system. It needs to be in the vessel’s original design. Too expensive to change door locks after-the-fact.

http://www.vingcardmarine.com/en/vce/vingcardmarine/