Requirements for old convictions past the max assesment periods

Ive got a few simple assault convictions from 2005 and 2006 when i was 12 and 13 years old so they are more than 12 years old which is past the maximum assessment period for it and someone said i wouldnt need to list it because theyre both more than 10 years old…is this accurate?? If i do need to list them will the USCG still use them against me since theres more than one convictions of the same crime?? Thanks in advance for any info you can give.

I’m not sure how juvenile convictions are handled.

This is a JD Cavo type of question

Is it possible that a 13 year old who is not convicted of murder, manslaughter, attempted murder, or aggravated sexual assault and nothing in the intervening years can have a record follow them into adulthood? What the actual hell. Who would want this?

I’m not familiar enough with juvenile convictions to know if they would be noted on the record check the Coast Guard will do. It would be better to list them, Since the assessment period has passed and there have been no recent convictions, your application would be processed normally, but if you don’t disclose them and they are noted on the background checks, you’ll have problems and delays. If that were to happen, it wou;ldn’t be the convictions causing the issues, it would be the failure to disclose them, the application asks for all convictions regardless of age, so answering “no” would not be a truthful response.

Juveniles are not convicted of crimes except in the relatively rare event when one is tried as an adult.

Juveniles are adjuged to be delinquent based upon behavior which would be a crime if they were adults. There is no right to a jury and no finding of guilt.

See the definition of conviction in 46 CFR 10.107. The Coast Guard defines the term very broadly. It does not require a finding of guilt.