Race buoys question

how does one do this safely so no one gets hurt? is this stable? is this how it’s done?
One boat setting up buoys did capsize in the East River the day before this photo was taken:

Tether & tow.

Affix anchors as needed but keep them stowed on board low & center of gravity.

[QUOTE=bowsprite;113287]

how does one do this safely so no one gets hurt? is this stable? is this how it’s done?
One boat setting up buoys did capsize in the East River the day before this photo was taken:
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/three_capsized_rescued_manhattan_InloNF4mXMS8sWqkleD8oI[/QUOTE]

Make multiple runs or have several boats to assist. With that many bouys, I would assume a pretty good size race class, so they really shouldn’t have problems getting volunteers.

Assuming the buoys are inflatable I wouldn’t be as concerned with stability as I would be with visibility from the helm. I’d be moving the buoys off the foredeck and towing them tight against the transom. Inflating the last few as necessary might be an attractive option and not very difficult with a small shop vac. blowing.

You probably have it pretty easy, in the Seattle area we are usually setting marks in water 200’-500’ deep. The better equipped clubs have a whaler with lots of small line spooled on an electrically driven drum.