Question about Closely Related Service and Raise of Grade

I’ve looked at 46 CFR 11.211 (b) which discusses closely related service to satisfy the requirements of a raise of grade, but it’s not clear whether the requirements of 46 CFR 10.227 also applies, which says I can only use service obtained in the last five years. Can I use such service obtained about 8 years ago, and can I combine this service with actual sea service? For renewal purposes, I apparently cannot, but I don’t see any such restrictions for raise of grade.

[QUOTE=catherder;190108]I’ve looked at 46 CFR 11.211 (b) which discusses closely related service to satisfy the requirements of a raise of grade, but it’s not clear whether the requirements of 46 CFR 10.227 also applies, which says I can only use service obtained in the last five years. Can I use such service obtained about 8 years ago, and can I combine this service with actual sea service? For renewal purposes, I apparently cannot, but I don’t see any such restrictions for raise of grade.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a good question for a license consultant.

[QUOTE=tugsailor;190134]Sounds like a good question for a license consultant.[/QUOTE]

I was hoping Mr. Cavo would opine. I may just send an email to the NMC.

The way I see it, it it’s not specifically prohibited, then I should be able to do it.

The only thing I have to lose is the evaluation fee.