Puerto Rico - Statehood and attack on the Jones Act

Last Referendum in 2012 54% of the people voted for a change and 61.16% of the people voted for Statehood.

[QUOTE=PR-9;173197]Last Referendum in 2012 54% of the people voted for a change and 61.16% of the people voted for Statehood.[/QUOTE]

I stand corrected. If they want statehood, we should give it to them. Right after we allow them to go bankrupt. After all, they are American citizens. Any change we make with regard to the administration of Puerto Rico would probably be an improvement.

[QUOTE=tengineer1;173041]800bn in the Norwegian Oil Fund. The USA’s Oil Fund is??? Anyway, I am sure it is more than a mere 800bn[/QUOTE]

I must have missed this one somehow, but it cannot be left unanswered.
Yes, I believe you are right. Mighty US must have a better result from their much large oil&Gas industry than little Norway.

Last I checked it stood at -20.6 Tn. USD and “growing”: http://www.theusdebtclock.com/

[QUOTE=ombugge;173565]I must have missed this one somehow, but it cannot be left unanswered.
Yes, I believe you are right. Mighty US must have a better result from their much large oil&Gas industry than little Norway.

Last I checked it stood at -20.6 Tn. USD and “growing”: http://www.theusdebtclock.com/[/QUOTE]

In the immortal words of Officer Gunther Toody,

[I]DO YOU MIND??[/I]

Do I need to make a new thread so that all this cornflake-pissing is on-topic somewhere?

[QUOTE=Glaug-Eldare;173570]Do I need to make a new thread so that all this cornflake-pissing is on-topic somewhere?[/QUOTE]

please do but I don’t think it will do anything to change the contributions of a certain newcomer to the forum who’s username implies he is part “BUG”

[QUOTE=c.captain;173582]please do but I don’t think it will do anything to change the contributions of a certain newcomer to the forum who’s username implies he is part “BUG”[/QUOTE]

You mean to tell me that spraying Shell-tox on the computer didn’t do the job?

• Updated - - -

[QUOTE=Glaug-Eldare;173570]In the immortal words of Officer Gunther Toody,

[I]DO YOU MIND??[/I]

Do I need to make a new thread so that all this cornflake-pissing is on-topic somewhere?[/QUOTE]

No I DO NOT MIND!!!
Facts are hard to take, is it??

What’s hard to take is that this all has nothing to do with Puerto Rico. If you have new opinions you want to talk about make a new thread about them. That’s how forums work. It’s not supposed to be a rambling conversation every topic that is brushed upon.

[QUOTE=ombugge;173585]You mean to tell me that spraying Shell-tox on the computer didn’t do the job?- - - Updated - - -No I DO NOT MIND!!! Facts are hard to take, is it??[/QUOTE]I’m not really bothered by the points you’re all raising, but they’re in the wrong venue. I would not bend a supermarket cashier’s ear about how ZZ has the best protagonist of any Gundam cartoon (it does, all the rest wish they were as cool as Judau), and then refuse to leave. I would not use a funeral reception to loudly argue with an uncle about why humanities are perfectly valid fields of study for undergraduates (the recent STEM fetish reeks of Soviet hatred for culture). I would not take the floor at a parent-teacher conference to accuse another parent of improperly disposing of used motor oil. I would not take over a forum thread about threats to cabotage laws to argue with somebody and gloat about how their country isn’t as good as my country at innovative cheeseburger recipes, or whatever (The bleu cheese burger at Winghart’s in Pittsburgh reigns supreme). So, if you really don’t mind, please help move this discussion to another thread where comparing oil production in Norway and the USA is on-topic.

[QUOTE=ombugge;173585]You mean to tell me that spraying Shell-tox on the computer didn’t do the job?[/QUOTE]

//youtu.be/RLE8CWkRNS8

as the man said…“when the bugs get tough, get tough with the bugs”

?usted comprende senor Cucaracha?

[QUOTE=LI_Domer;173586]What’s hard to take is that this all has nothing to do with Puerto Rico. If you have new opinions you want to talk about make a new thread about them. That’s how forums work. It’s not supposed to be a rambling conversation every topic that is brushed upon.[/QUOTE]

Yes I agree, you should not stray too far from the subject of the thread, but at the same time discussions some time evolve “naturally”.

So far I have generally replied to posts by others that have either made statements, or asked questions that just begged to be replied in the thread where they are asked, otherwise the flow of the debate would be lost.

I’ll do my level best to stay within topic, but I may reply to direct challenges and questions in the thread(s) where they are placed. I make no excuses for having opinions that may be contrary to the majority here on the forum though.

You may be happy to know that I’ll be silent here for a while, as I’m going to China tomorrow for a short job there.

But don’t despair, I’LL BE BACK!! (To paraphrase a famous American)