Policy letter 15-02

Anyone know if policy letter 15-02 is still in effect?
I was denied credit for ITC tonnage on foreign voyages,and sent in copy of Policy letter 15-02 along with company letter showing service on these vessels and was still denied with no explaination.I can’t find anything more current,thought maybe I was missing something…:confused:

I just looked at it on the CG site and it doesn’t say canceled by another one. You were denied because either they changed it on a whim like they are good at doing, or your evaluator and the reviewer don’t know the answer.

Appeal it.

[QUOTE=former contract evaluator;15264]I just looked at it on the CG site and it doesn’t say canceled by another one. You were denied because either they changed it on a whim like they are good at doing, or your evaluator and the reviewer don’t know the answer.[/QUOTE]
That’s what I’m thinking,seems to be no rhyme or reason,sent certified letter to appeal the decision this morning. No telling how long that will take,I’ll let the forum know the results. I’m happy to play by the rules,just hard to keep up with what they are anymore.Thanks for the replies,appreciate all the comments,especially the insight to NMC snafu…

[QUOTE=Capt Leigh;15257]Anyone know if policy letter 15-02 is still in effect?
I was denied credit for ITC tonnage on foreign voyages,and sent in copy of Policy letter 15-02 along with company letter showing service on these vessels and was still denied with no explaination.I can’t find anything more current,thought maybe I was missing something…:confused:[/QUOTE]

When was the vessel built? If it was before 1986, you won’t get ITC credit. That is according to some treaty that we signed at some point. Sorry, can’t recall reg, but like you, I got stuck with 10 years of 99 tons of time, when at least half of that should have been 900 tons.

But, if the vessel was required to be manned as per the ITC, you should appeal the decision.

Vessels were built post 1996,my most current vessel built in 2007.
That Vessel is rated 98 GRT 1111 ITC, operating in Brazil.

Everything I can find says it should count,including calls to NMC help line.

Remember, the NMC was created to increase consistency and improve efficiency…or was it to…Nah, never mind…Just drink the Cool-Aid and believe…