Plan 2 sit for Fireman/Watertender- What is difference between old/new exam question?

I need to sit for the QMED Fireman/Watertender exam and I am wondering, what are the differences between the old and new exam questions? Is one set supposed to be “easier” than the other one? And of all the websites, books etc to study for this material, which one would you recommend?
THANKS!

[QUOTE=SaltySailor;184751]I need to sit for the QMED Fireman/Watertender exam and I am wondering, what are the differences between the old and new exam questions? Is one set supposed to be “easier” than the other one? And of all the websites, books etc to study for this material, which one would you recommend?
THANKS![/QUOTE]

Having not sat for a QMED exam for a few years, I can’t answer the first question. However, I like this guy’s thumb drives. He updates his questions to reflect what’s currently being used and he throws in useful study materials. Very good for when you don’t have wifi available.

http://hawsepipe.net/prod-Qualified_Member_of_the-Engine_Department-14.aspx

[QUOTE=catherder;184811]Having not sat for a QMED exam for a few years, I can’t answer the first question. However, I like this guy’s thumb drives. He updates his questions to reflect what’s currently being used and he throws in useful study materials. Very good for when you don’t have wifi available.

http://hawsepipe.net/prod-Qualified_Member_of_the-Engine_Department-14.aspx[/QUOTE]

That’s the best bang for your buck. Beats the old Cornell Maritime Press blue book all to hell. Don’t just take the fireman/watertender, at least take the oiler exam also. Good luck.

Thanks for the site and feedback. I already have oiler and junior engineer, I just want to add the fireman/watertender for getting jobs at the union hall. Most other jobs/ships are motor only it seems.

[QUOTE=SaltySailor;184825]Thanks for the site and feedback. I already have oiler and junior engineer, I just want to add the fireman/watertender for getting jobs at the union hall. Most other jobs/ships are motor only it seems.[/QUOTE]

Can you test for refrigeration too? I think it’s now combined with electrician. I noticed that many jobs are looking for reefer guys.

It’ll all be on the thumb drive. Good luck on the test.