Passport restrictions for child support

Has anyone in the State of Florida been denied a Passport because they are behind on Child Support?Unbelievable that you want to go to work and pay your obligations and they wont let you work,Ill find out in the Morning anyway.Was told you cant get one because of that.

Pay your child support

Yes that can deny a passport for dead beat dads. If one were really wanting to obtain one for work they should probably go to the state support enforcement office and explain the situation and what is needed for work. You have to show some effort. Then be prepared to give info for wage garnishment

[QUOTE=edshannah;81077]Has anyone in the State of Florida been denied a Passport because they are behind on Child Support?Unbelievable that you want to go to work and pay your obligations and they wont let you work,Ill find out in the Morning anyway.Was told you cant get one because of that.[/QUOTE]

I have heard of this before. I do not think they will issue the passport until you get it caught up.

I’m guessing the primary reason is that too many got a passport and left the country with no intention of paying up.

[QUOTE=edshannah;81077]Has anyone in the State of Florida been denied a Passport because they are behind on Child Support?Unbelievable that you want to go to work and pay your obligations and they wont let you work,Ill find out in the Morning anyway.Was told you cant get one because of that.[/QUOTE]

A friend of mine has a dimwit deckhand working for him. The state just took the dimwit’s driver’s license for nonpayment of child support. The state told him he can have his license back as soon as he pays them $73,000. I guess this guy won’t be getting a passport, or renewing his MMC.

This reminded me of Trash. Years ago we had a guy on a boat named Trask, but the captain always called him “Trash.” Trash had five bullet holes in his upper torso which he claimed that he had acquired while climbing out bedroom windows. Trash also had 17 children — that he knew of. He had never paid any child support either.