OS MMC - Fit for Look-Out Duties: N

Either a similar post is hiding from my searches, or it doesn’t exist. I figured I would ask here before contacting the NMC.

I received my OS MMC Medical Card today. I’m wondering why it says I’m not fit for look-out duties. I have two possible guesses:

1. My Driver’s License has a corrective lens restriction and they noticed it.
  2. The color vision test date on the card is dashed out, instead of a date.

I didn’t include the physical check-up form which states my color vision is normal. I just submitted the 719KE form. Is this the issue?

Edit: Is there a way to delete this thread? I believe I figured out the issue as a result of typing this thread. Thanks.

[QUOTE=PineappleOranges;168405]Either a similar post is hiding from my searches, or it doesn’t exist. I figured I would ask here before contacting the NMC.

I received my OS MMC Medical Card today. I’m wondering why it says I’m not fit for look-out duties. I have two possible guesses:

1. My Driver’s License has a corrective lens restriction and they noticed it.
  2. The color vision test date on the card is dashed out, instead of a date.

I didn’t include the physical check-up form which states my color vision is normal. I just submitted the 719KE form. Is this the issue?

Edit: Is there a way to delete this thread? I believe I figured out the issue as a result of typing this thread. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Do you also hold any STCW endorsements?

You can only delete your own posts for about 24 hours, after that you can’t delete or edit.

I do not currently have any STCW endorsements, yet. This was just an original entry-level application with no additional endorsements or certifications.

I’ve sent the physical checkup form to NMC if the color vision test was the issue.