Oincw assesment sign offs

Hello again,

For those of you who may have attended Galliano Maritmie training (Chouest). Do you know if they sign off the assesments for oincw for corresponding classes. Will they sign off my ARPA assesments if I take ARPA there.

thanks

[QUOTE=mb05j;63732]Hello again, For those of you who may have attended Galliano Maritmie training (Chouest). Do you know if they sign off the assesments for oincw for corresponding classes. Will they sign off my ARPA assesments if I take ARPA there. thanks[/QUOTE]

Since I have not been at the NMC or directly involvedf in course approvals, my information may be a bit dated. Whether a school can sign off or give credit for assessments is specified in their course approval, it will list all the covered assessments. This information used to be available from the NMC web page, but now only the name and location of the school/course is provided. I suggest asking Chouest or NMC for the specific approval of the course.

As of 2009, Chouest’s ARPA course was approved for all of the OICNW ARPA assessments. That approval expired shortly after I left the NMC, and I do not know what the current approval provides.

The answer is yes like Mr. Cavo said we are approved to sign off on the assessment we do in class. There is 30 assessments that we have on the simulator now for the Arpa class. this is a 36 Hour class and you also get a renewal from it.