NOAA Questions

Actually, I just got hired and start May 20. I was trying to keep it on the DL so as not to jinx things. Don’t give up. They can replace people who quit

Congratulations!

[QUOTE=Piahipete;108547]Congratulations![/QUOTE]

Ahhhh, you may want to congrat me on the 20th. I got the verbal including when and where to report (York st location), but man that letter is still out there…twisting in the wind.

Got my final offer letter today, start Monday, relief pool. Very excited. The HR office on the west coast is changing location and I think some of the staff may not be moving with it, so it was a tense couple weeks where I had to give notice here at my present job without anything in writing. But it’s all sorted out now. I turn in my car, laptop, etc and clean out my office tomorrow.

I also need to let MSC know I am declining their offer and stop that process.

Good luck to anyone else in the pipeline, hope to see you out there.

What ship you reporting to first?

I am on Pisces right now. We leave Tampa today. We are at the cruise terminal. Nice party area. Gotta get moving here, I am working today then switching to night 12s.

You mean this one?

Who is the Chief Engineer over there?

Checking up on me eh? The Chief, first, and I are augmenters.

I know where YOU are! Wave when we leave

Never mind, you beat us to it!!

[QUOTE=catherder;110700]Checking up on me eh? The Chief, first, and I are augmenters.[/QUOTE]

Just wondering if the 1st that was on the Rainer ever made it over there. Hell of a good guy to us all. Wish I could of learned more from him, in retrospect.

Mike? Yes he’s here. Very likeable. Chief is fairly new and came over from Maersk. I’ll pm you his name. I don’t like name dropping here.

Here’s a higher quality pic. We’ve been moving rigs out of there all day

Nice!

There’s a Carnival floating cesspool over at terminal 2 loading pax right now.

I just got back from a cigarette run.

Sheesh, cigs must have been pricey over there. At least you’re in walking distance from some descent bars/Resteraunts.

I’m on that harbor tug across the way from you.

7 bucks a pack. I don’t indulge but some of the others do. As far as food goes, The pizza place isn’t bad, the one past the aquarium. I ate at the Thai place last night and it was good but I got ill afterwards. Not sure if it was the food or me being dehydrated.

I was trying to sleep just now but the people in the room next door don’t know what “day sleeper” means so I’ll go hand out the cancer sticks and try later…

And I’m bunking with a schoolteacher. This should be interesting.

Are you near ybor city? I used to go there when I was on the tankers. Lots of fun and a nice break from the ship. We had bikes and would head in for food, beer and cigars