NI processing time

2-4 week turnaround if there are no issues. If 2 weeks go by and you’ve heard nothing after they received it then give them a call.

I submitted my application is August 1998 and still haven’t heard anything back from the NI. It’s taken almost 17 years already I wish they would hurry up.

Renewal doc’s recvd by NI 12 May
Notice of approval and mailing of all doc’s and new cert 16 June
32 Days total and It took only about 2 hours to do the online stuff and drive to the post office.

That gives me hope, I’m due to renew as well in December.

Quick couple of questions for those that have renewed, or might have the answers.

I’m preparing my package to send in, and have run into an issue with DP time in my IMCA book.

In that book, we enter day on, day off, and DP time. The DP time can be entered in hours or days. (Hours AND days?)
Are we better off just entering hours? That way, using their formula, it’ll count each two hours as a DP day, up to the number of days you were on the vessel? Or, should we just count days actually spent on DP over 2 hours? It appears to me that they’ve written the 2/day on DP rule so that we can count all our days on the vessel as DP days.

This comes into play two ways. The NI’s website asks for Date On, Date Off, and hours on DP. I did one entry for each hitch I was on the vessel, and it calculated 29 days, and I manually entered the number of hours on DP.

Are we supposed to do one entry in the website for each time we go on DP? That would take a LONG time, considering the entry system they’ve set up. It seems like it’s set up to enter the day you got on the vessel, day you got off vessel, and uses the number of hours spent on DP to give you credit for each day you were on.

So, my questions are:

In the IMCA log book, how did you fill in the “DP Time” column.
and
How did you enter time in the NI’s website? Per hitch, a new entry for each time on DP, etc?
lastly
For the company letter to the NI, how was your DP time from the IMCA log noted? Days, hours, both?

IMHO, they could have forgone all these issues by naming a number of hours needed every 5 years instead of DP Days, which muddy the waters and documentation.

Thanks for any help.

My renewal is a couple of years off, but I spent a bit of time researching this earlier this year. I’m posting this in hopes that others can validate things.

You only need to enter the total number of DP hours for the hitch. It takes two hours to make a DP day. So if you have, say, 75 DP hours in your 29 day hitch, you would be allowed a total of the full 29 DP days. (75÷2=37.5 possible days, but you cannot have more than 29 DP days in a 29 calendar day hitch.)

I had difficulty trying to enter my logged time on the NI site. I emailed them, and they replied that I did not need to be logging the DP time with them right now. I should have that old email saved on my computer.

Can’t respond to your last question, but I agree that their system could be improved.

Just an FYI: If using an Apple computer, make sure your adobe and java are up to date, and use Google Chrome.

Made all the difference in the world to me.

I had a problem with my iMac (Safari) at home when it came to submit my application so I could make the payment. Once I got to the page and checked all the boxes nothing would happened. So I tried it with my surface for a just in case moved and it went through right away!! So yeah be aware when using a Mac on their website.

Trip report: 57 day turnaround from receipt of documents in UK to clearance and sending documents back to me for DP offshore limited under the old scheme.

35 day turn around from NI receiving my document package to them and new certificate being put in the mail and returned. Happy to be done with that for the next fie years.

11 weeks from receiving my application package in London to me getting my shiney new DP card delivered back to my house. The new Alexis Platform is very time consuming and convoluted, but it seems to work. just double check EVERYTHING, then check it all again on your paperwork, logbook, signatures,application, everything or it will just get bounced back and drag on for more monthes. they did check with my company and with Kongsberg in Houston before approval.
Shame the oil patch dried up and I got laid off, but I will be ready when things come back to slide back into the wheelhouse. Now to find a nice big yacht to run until then…
Good luck all.
:cool:

[QUOTE=exdraggerman;174399]11 weeks from receiving my application package in London to me getting my shiney new DP card delivered back to my house. The new Alexis Platform is very time consuming and convoluted, but it seems to work. just double check EVERYTHING, then check it all again on your paperwork, logbook, signatures,application, everything or it will just get bounced back and drag on for more monthes. they did check with my company and with Kongsberg in Houston before approval.
Shame the oil patch dried up and I got laid off, but I will be ready when things come back to slide back into the wheelhouse. Now to find a nice big yacht to run until then…
Good luck all.
:cool:[/QUOTE]

Yeah it’s a shame. In the current climate DP tickets are not worth the paper they are written on.

Revalidation. Dropped documents off at UPS on November 19, DHL delivered new certificate on December 21.

Wow. You add a brown paper bag with lots of extra $$ in your application?

[QUOTE=Quimby;176263]Wow. You add a brown paper bag with lots of extra $$ in your application?[/QUOTE]

Well, I dropped 90 quid for their fee and then another 80 bucks for UPS so there was some money spent. All my records & logs were pretty clean too. No mistakes with a bunch of explanations to slow things down.