Need help with physical

Hello all, I start work monday with a offshore company driving crew boats, and I have to do the physical been driving boats for 7years but I am color defecent, can anyone tell me how new company physicals go. Don’t really want to lose my job before I even start. Thanks in advance.

they’ll make you take a plate or lantern test to see if you can distinguish color

Have you had a license to “drive” boats? I am guessing that your experience is in the Navy.

Are you currently licensed to operate boats? what license? what country?

Are you starting out as a deckhand? as Capt, Mate?

Typically company physicals are more of a breathing? heartbeat? blood pressure? no obvious joint or back pain, good to go… But without the name of the company it is hard to give better info.

If you already have a license, you should qualify for the color sense issue. If you don’t have a license, and your hiring is dependent upon you GETTING a license down the road, then you may have issues.

More info gets better responses.

Like another user mentioned. Depending on the type of work/job you will have to undertake a lantern test and eye exam, swell as a medical, in the Uk it’s either a ML5 or an ENG1, if you have any issues they will become apparent in the exam.

The Farnsworth Lantern is the standard in the US, but it can be hard to find a doctor who can administer it. Many people fail the standard color plate tests but pass the Farnsworth. Try hospitals that are associated with medical schools, that worked for me.

[QUOTE=Whitter1252;57151]The Farnsworth Lantern is the standard in the US, but it can be hard to find a doctor who can administer it. Many people fail the standard color plate tests but pass the Farnsworth. Try hospitals that are associated with medical schools, that worked for me.[/QUOTE]

http://www.leftseat.com/falant.htm