MSC General Questions

So, I just recently signed up with MSC and no one will bother to answer any of my questions as im a lowly C card lol so im asking here.

Anyone happen to know what the busiest ports are for SIU? or busiest Halls? I want to relocate for my best chance of getting out as a cook or in the gally?

Also why are the port agents so horribly salty lol, I wold love to ask questions and get an understanding of how things work but all they ever say is “Sit down Lowly C card”(What he actually said was C cards dont talk to me) and I kinda walk in at 8am and then wait around till 4 and am told to just come back tomorrow, Ive gotten a few good things out of it though but I am trying to accelerate my seniority and just wondering if anyone has any advice or where to go and how to maximize my chances of getting out.

Any information or advice would be fantastic, Im also considering trying out Norfolk as its a bit easier to get around and less expensive to wait around in.

Anyways, much love gents and thank you kindly.

The SIU monthly paper shows the number of people registered and shipped at the various halls. That would be a good place to start.

[QUOTE=quihgon;190546]Anyone happen to know what the busiest ports are for SIU? or busiest Halls? I want to relocate for my best chance of getting out as a cook or in the gally[/QUOTE]

You’ll be wasting your time at the SIU hall. Want to go to sea? Google UNOLS.

Research vessels, both Institute and University-owned are the way to go.

ps: Don’t bother posting a resume on the UNOLS site. Find the contact info of the Port Capt or Personnel Mgr and send your resume to them. A phone call introducing yourself will help.

Let me elaborate on my ignorance:
MSC? Norfolk?
Anything stewards dept? Honolulu?
Good luck!