Matthew now a CAT 5 and still intensifying

More than 1.1 million customers without power in Florida as of 6pm EST.

Were any USCG Navigational Aids displaced or destroyed during the storm?

Lol why do you guys hate this guy so bad?

[QUOTE=Colston1285;191226]Lol why do you guys hate this guy so bad?[/QUOTE]

do we really have to answer that one?

Nope, you didn’t think. If you were thinking, you wouldn’t have thought that.

Good Morning everybody. Lots of money to make, projects and jobs to do, and things to learn. We have clients waiting on us.

[B]Were any USCG Navigational Aids displaced or destroyed during the storm? When do we start checking, and creating the report to make the necessary repairs or replacements?[/B]

Question #2 - How can any of the out of work underemployed mariners that are looking for a few extra bucks that reside in the area of the hurricane make some from this disaster? PROTIP: There are opportunities available, and it may not be on the water. I guess the bigger question is what are you going to do, to get a small piece of the pie that will be spent on this? This is a major money making opportunity just in time for the Holidays. It’s time for the smart and energetic ones to develop a plan.

Downtown Fayetteville NC right now.

I have a relative in Bladen County, NC and her access road to her property is washed out. She’s stranded. I may drive down next week with a care pckg.

Getting rain here in the Tidewater, it’s tapering off but lots of roads flooded as per usual

I listened to the fire/ems scanners last night (you can too, Broadcastify)

Lots of people in the mandatory evacuation areas stayed behind and panicked at the last moment and begged for evacuation. Some had children, now think about this.

The state officials study flood maps. They pay heed to weather data. If they tell you to GTFO, it’s not because they want to hear themselves talk. It’s because storm surge and flooding is a real possibility and they don’t want to risk first responders lives to go after the stubborn, the stupid, and the lazy. Hurricane Katrina taught a lot of lessons regarding how to manage a storm as an incident and the cooperation between agencies looked a lot better than when “heckuva job Brownie” handled things.

CLARKTON, NC (WWAY) — Two people are dead in Bladen County as a result of the flooding from Hurricane Matthew.

Bladen County Emergency Management Director Bradley Kinlaw confirms two people died in the 1000 block of Rosindale Road in Clarkton.
We are working to get more information about what happened. Flooding continues to be a significant problem in Bladen County.
Elizabethtown City Manager Eddie Madden says several families have had to be relocated. Madden says he’s heard reports that between 9 p.m. Friday and noon today Elizabethtown received about 10 inches of rain.

Source:
http://www.wwaytv3.com/2016/10/08/2-killed-in-bladen-county-flooding/

I think Mr. Lee Shore lives on the Outer Banks? I wonder what’s going on in his neck of the woods?

Some photos from the Outer Banks of NC. - Mr. Shore I truly hope all is ok and it did not get your house car/truck, boat, etc. During these rough times communities need to stick together support and help each other. My prayers are with you and your family.

http://obxsurfinfo.com/2016/10/photo-gallery-hurricane-matthew-dumps-massive-rain-outer-banks/

Just turned down a Jacksonville FL can’t get there ASAP. Backlogged. - still making money from the hurricane - :slight_smile: