Master 1600 oceans

Any info on a master 1600 oceans upgrade to 3rd mate A colleague of mine is interested in upgrading to 3rd mate can he do that without testing or does he need to take a full exam he’s never held a mate 500 or 1600 only master but mate of towing and 200 mate

Do you believe in punctuation?

4 Likes

Yes he needs to test, no there’s no way out of it.

2 Likes

What for it won’t make a difference

That’s why limited license holders need testing. Punctuation can make a huge difference. Those who think it doesn’t should stick to mudboats. Knowing how to read and write makes a difference.

5 Likes

I could say “attention to detail” but punctuation is such a very basic thing, you have to be truly obtuse to ask, why.

3 Likes

Needs to take the full set of exams.

2 Likes

I suspect that you’re probably a well educated Yankee, and that you are just acting like a 1970’s era mudboat driver from the bayou in order to jerk our chain.

I’m from New York you understand

That isn’t saying much. Anyone north of I-10 is a yankee.

2 Likes

I thought it was anyone north of where you’re from is a yankee.

7 Likes

Hell, anyone North of the ICW is a Yankee.

2 Likes

So that means everyone north of Key West?

2 Likes

Im afraid so. I am a Bayou traitor.

Few years ago when I had my stint in the gulf I was told I-10 was the reference…I told my shipmate I did live south of I-10, but in california. Turns out being from the land of fruits and nuts was worse than being a yankee.

5 Likes

American by birth southern by the grace of God.

ROLL TIDE!!!

2 Likes

Play some Skynard Dude!!!

Smh

He will have to test again.

1 Like

So, I just got back from Boston and Salem last week… I live in Florida and I can say that while the history was interesting, I was rather disappointed from everything I had heard about the North. Everyone I have ever worked with from up that way has ranted and raved about it, maybe I just had an unrealistic expectation and was let down. I didn’t even hear the over exaggerated accents that I hoped for, not even one “Wicked cool” or “Labstah”…