Mariner Paid Holidays

Just curious as to what companies have paid holidays (compensation, number of holidays, etc). I believe the one I work for has two, Christmas and New Years.

Memorial Day, Easter, New Years, Christmas, Independence day. time & half for day rate and harbor call out is automatic 6hrs.

Christmas, NY, Luther king, presidents, memorial, 4th, veterans, thanksgiving,

Ten, paid day whether or not you work, double pay if you work.

[QUOTE=z-drive;138100]Ten, paid day whether or not you work, double pay if you work.[/QUOTE]2: LSU’s first home game and Fried Friday. Both unpaid.

8 here , on boat or not. More like a bonus I guess.

New years day, Christmas day, Labor day, Thanksgiving, Good Friday. 4th of July, double pay

ZERO , we work 11 months on 1 month paid vacation. No paid holidays. I should say its a large commercial charter yacht.

All Federal but you have to work the business day prior and after, I believe. I am on a mixed tour schedule so the only reason I will get this one is because I’m going to school next week. I was discharged off my last ship Fri.

• Updated - - -

[QUOTE=coldcreepin;138117]ZERO , we work 11 months on 1 month paid vacation. No paid holidays. I should say its a large commercial charter yacht.[/QUOTE]

That’s a rough schedule. How do you avoid burnout?

No kidding. Glad I have 6 months paid vacation every year

[QUOTE=brjones;138128]No kidding. Glad I have 6 months paid vacation every year[/QUOTE]

I would love that myself. My paid time off lasts as long as my leave does. But at least we get it, plus leave w/o pay. His schedule is nuts!

We avoid burn out with plenty of nights off. We average less than 100days underway per year. 2 Atlantic crossing Caribbean to Med and back yearly then around 50 days of charter and besides that we sit in super yacht marinas and get evenings off. Crew is allowed beers on nights off the vessel. So burn out isn’t a huge issue if your not married. The married guys most bridge and engineers have options for rotation 5months on / 1 month off. I started commercial, yachts are a different lifestyle, but we all do it for the money and love of the sea.

No extra paid holidays, but equal rotation paid same on [U]and[/U] off, transport paid door to door. If in port on Christmas or New Years Eve / Day, can go ashore no duty except watches.

Christmas and New Years double pay.

10 paid federal holidays. Only paid if you’re onboard.

I just left a place where you got double day for the major holidays nothing for being at home even if it fell on crew change the oncoming crew got nothing. The place when I just started pays a day if you are at home and a double day if at work.

[QUOTE=Bayrunner;138168]I just left a place where you got double day for the major holidays nothing for being at home even if it fell on crew change the oncoming crew got nothing. The place when I just started pays a day if you are at home and a double day if at work.[/QUOTE]

I can’t read the words on your avatar. Can you post a larger version of it?

“I keep hitting the escape key but im still here.”