Louisiana New Year Tax?

Is there any truth to the reason that certain vessel owners/operators run their boats offshore for New Years is a tax break? I think that it is more likely that they just don’t want some snapperhead going out and getting spliced. Just curious because I have never been run offshore for New Years any place else.

I remember in the late '70s going slow bell to enter port after the new year. I don’t think getting spliced had anything to do with it…back then, they fired you for NOT drinking!! LOL!

This is very true we where all ready disconnected from shore power today all the mains fired up and about to head offshore to stand by on DP for three days 5 miles south of cat island pass sea bouy. For some reason they canceled it and said they where gonna pay the taxes.

Orangejulius, Man does that bring back memories. I have not heard that name in years.

All the vessels in port tomorrow will have to pay a tax. I remember last year seeing the harbor police going around and documenting all the vessels in port. Some companies send their vessels offshore, others don’t worry about it. Mostly the tugs.

Orangejulius, Man does that bring back memories. I have not heard that name in years.