Looking for a match

Hi everyone. My roommate is married to a merchant marine and she is an artist. I’m an artist as well and very independent. She is very happily married as she can work hard on her art while her husband is at sea and enjoys extended time with him at home, when he’s off. Since my lifestyle doesn’t dovetail well with guys who work 9-5, and retired guys expect me to drop my vocation permanently, and I am in control of my schedule, she suggested that I find a partner that works off shore. I usually spend several months creating art, then several months marketing. I can take off at any time for as long as finances allow. Is there a dating site for this kind of relationship?

Already been discussed in a previous thread.

1 Like

Omg wtf unclick unclick unsee. Nfg, man. Why?

Just trying to help the lady out, support your local artists!

Her artwork is actually pretty cool, though for contemporary American female artists my taste runs more towards Maude Lebowski.

I am going to stay clear of this one for now - Because I have a few questions. :confused: Thanks for joining the gCaptain forum Maura Lucchese. Ok I am just wondering - Do you live in a port city?

[QUOTE=DeepSeaDiver;188543]I am going to stay clear of this one for now - Because I have a few questions. :confused: Thanks for joining the gCaptain forum Maura Lucchese. Ok I am just wondering - Do you live in a port city?[/QUOTE]

Yes, please Maura, take this man. Take him and make him yours and please wither his soul through long talks about the deep meaning of modern art. And encourage him to go to sea, preferably on a ship with no Wi-Fi. Then perhaps there will be peace once again in the forums…

1 Like

[QUOTE=farmerfalconer;188548]Yes, please Maura, take this man. Take him and make him yours and please wither his soul through long talks about the deep meaning of modern art. And encourage him to go to sea, preferably on a ship with no Wi-Fi. Then perhaps there will be peace once again in the forums…[/QUOTE]

You know. Bullying is a terrible, monstrous, hurtful, uncouth thing. We should never be tempted to bully someone.

Human sacrifice, on the other hand, is an ancient and widely practiced tradition in many cultures. We should always keep an open mind to other cultures and traditions.

[QUOTE=Emrobu;188549]You know. Bullying is a terrible, monstrous, hurtful, uncouth thing. We should never be tempted to bully someone.

Human sacrifice, on the other hand, is an ancient and widely practiced tradition in many cultures. We should always keep an open mind to other cultures and traditions.[/QUOTE]

Is that all you can come up with? I thought sailors had a long colorful history of dastardly punishments at their disposal. How about plank walking, followed by keel hauling, and finishing up with hanging from the highest yardarm?

A match? Yes…

[QUOTE=farmerfalconer;188548]Yes, please Maura, take this man. Take him and make him yours and please wither his soul through long talks about the deep meaning of modern art. And encourage him to go to sea, preferably on a ship with no Wi-Fi. Then perhaps there will be peace once again in the forums…[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the up vote kid… Remember the transgender thread??? I am starting to wonder why you are following me around? You have not answered the question from the other thread on what kind of entertainment do you like?

What in the blue blazes did I just click on?

If you are even remotely legit, I suggest you run, run, run for the hills.

[QUOTE=Maura Lucchese;188534]Hi everyone. My roommate is married to a merchant marine and she is an artist. I’m an artist as well and very independent. She is very happily married as she can work hard on her art while her husband is at sea and enjoys extended time with him at home, when he’s off. Since my lifestyle doesn’t dovetail well with guys who work 9-5, and retired guys expect me to drop my vocation permanently, and I am in control of my schedule, she suggested that I find a partner that works off shore. I usually spend several months creating art, then several months marketing. I can take off at any time for as long as finances allow. Is there a dating site for this kind of relationship?[/QUOTE]

Post up some pics so we can see how you look.

[QUOTE=AHTS Master;188626]Post up some pics so we can see how you look.[/QUOTE]

It’s not difficult to find pictures of her, and her artwork. She’s 47, slender, attractive, and lives in Florida. I couldn’t resist taking a peek. She’s obviously far too nice for most of us.

Sounds like you already slid into her DM’s.

And here we go - Yes Maura run for the hills. This group in general only likes to talk about ships, tonnage cargo carrying capacity, bollard pull ratings, STCW endorsements, propulsion, azimuth thrusters and stuff like that.

maybe your friend’s significant other can play matchmaker. He most likely has single friends, considering that next to the military we have the highest divorce rates out there.

//youtu.be/qGyPuey-1Jw

[QUOTE=DeepSeaDiver;188634]And here we go - Yes Maura run for the hills. This group in general only likes to talk about ships, tonnage cargo carrying capacity, bollard pull ratings, STCW endorsements, propulsion, azimuth thrusters and stuff like that.[/QUOTE]

You’ve been trying to make this forum more like facebook and the like. As others have pointed out, if we want to see those kind of trivial things we’ll go to facebook.

Think of it this way, if you want a steak and lobster dinner, you going to go to mcdonalds for it? Are they known for that?

I am impressed that the OP although her first time here at least posted her query in scuttlebutt, and it was in a very unobtrusive manner.

Most of us have been completely content with this forum how it is, so when you continue to try to reinvent the wheel don’t be surprised that you get some shite.

[QUOTE=Ctony;188643]You’ve been trying to make this forum more like facebook and the like. As others have pointed out, if we want to see those kind of trivial things we’ll go to facebook.

Think of it this way, if you want a steak and lobster dinner, you going to go to mcdonalds for it? Are they known for that?

I am impressed that the OP although her first time here at least posted her query in scuttlebutt, and it was in a very unobtrusive manner.

Most of us have been completely content with this forum how it is, so when you continue to try to reinvent the wheel don’t be surprised that you get some shite.[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks for the good advice Ctony. I agree the OP is just asking, and is very nice. I really am not trying to reinvente the wheel. It looks like it is coming off that way so I will remember that. Thx again

It is coming off that way, for certain. You are quickly becoming annoying as fuck. Pardon my French .