Knocking on Doors in Louisiana

Mine too, reminds of the good days when we were all making money. I was creating hundreds of good paying jobs every month.

I’m hurting right along side my mariners every day this drags on.

I hear all the inland boats are still plugging away…

Sir I would be grateful to be on one of your vessels when things get better. I love
the Gulf of Mexico. Where do I send the box of Omaha Steaks? :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Jeaux Bawss;184914]Mine too, reminds of the good days when we were all making money. I was creating hundreds of good paying

I’m hurting right along side my mariners every day this drags on.[/QUOTE]

Sir I would be grateful to be on one of your vessels when things get better. I love
the Gulf of Mexico. Where do I send the box of Omaha Steaks? :slight_smile: I been out of
work for almost two years.

[QUOTE=CaliforniaOso;184932]Sir I would be grateful to be on one of your vessels when things get better. I love the Gulf of Mexico. Where do I send the box of Omaha Steaks?[/QUOTE]

and as soon as Jeaux gets his steaks, he’ll forward you a case of KY Jelly

[QUOTE=c.captain;184934]and as soon as Jeaux gets his steaks, he’ll forward you a box of KY Jelly[/QUOTE]

Think he makes you buy your own KY now also! :frowning:

[QUOTE=ForkandBlade;184939]Think he makes you buy your own KY now also! :([/QUOTE]

MiSERABLE PHUCKING BASTARD!

Seems like the kidding is getting a little Patrick Swayze…
Who are we talking about? I got to know what I am walking into besides
a terrible job market on the Gulf. Thx

Ok I get it now. Read enough threads to realize that Jeaux Boss is
a boogie man composite of the ruthless owner of a fleet. Well I guess
I will learn soon enough. Keep this thread alive!

I love Louisiana!
I love the Gulf of Mexico!
I love working on a ship!

I hope in two years we get more overtime than we can stand!

"overtime. "

WTF is “overtime” ?!?!?!

[QUOTE=Flyer69;185253]"overtime. "

WTF is “overtime” ?!?!?![/QUOTE]

Isn’t that something that happens in Sports when the teams are tied at the end of regular play?

yeah I had a feeling mentioning overtime would cause laughter

[QUOTE=CaliforniaOso;185258]yeah I had a feeling mentioning overtime would cause laughter[/QUOTE]

If you’re looking for overtime, go deep sea. I’m not sure where your enthusiasm for the GOM comes from as it does not appear to come from experience. It’s obviously not a good time for anyone, especially a greenhorn, to get into the oil patch right now so it might serve you to look at other options. Jus’ sayin’.

You are absolutely right; I know nothing about the GOM industry.
I enjoyed being on the USNS Yano in Violet, LA. I was in the SUP
but left it for the MFOW. Between those unions I thought the Gulf
was the only place I could go. Mentioning overtime was just a joke. I rarely
worked it when given the option; I was beat from already working hard
at the end of watch/day work. I guess my enthusiasm comes from being
a tourist and not a real participant. You can bet though when things
pick up I will give it a try. Always grateful for the advice.

You should have stayed on that ship, if possible. The gulf Is long way from hiring again.

Yes, I agree it would be nice to see my thread more active with people getting jobs, down here, like it used to be.
But, everyone is affected by the price of oil, including my business.
Some of the smaller boat companies could not maintain their loans and the banks have picked up their boats.
The banks don’t really want boats, but, it is what it is.
If you still have a job, I am sure you are most appreciative, even though you have taken salary cuts.

Hopefully, there will be a turn around, one day, soon.
My thoughts and prayers are with you, all.

Until then, keep in mind, that if you or anyone you know is in need of nice, affordable lodging while taking classes at the ECO Galliano Training Center, I do still offer a discounted rate of $70/night for all ECO employees and would appreciate seeing a few mariners, now and then.

If I can be of help to any of you, please email me at claudettelp@charter.net, PM, or call (985) 537-6773

Thanks, Claudette
A Chateau on the Bayou B&B
3158 Hwy 308
Raceland, LA
(985) 537-6773

Website - www.achateauonthebayou.com
FB Page - https://www.facebook.com/A-Chateau-On-The-Bayou-Bed-Breakfast-Claudette-L-Pitre-121896531157165/

Just thought I would share!
Hope this is news we have been waiting for.

[QUOTE=A Chateau on the Bayou;186711]Just thought I would share!
Hope this is news we have been waiting for.

http://www.crudeoiljobs.com/texas-oil-industry-gearing-massive-oil-boom/[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, this article written back in April refers only to land drilling in certain areas of Texas (such as the Permian Basin) which have very low production costs (under $20 per barrel in the best location). This article has no relevance to offshore oil drilling, except perhaps, to show that land drilling will recover first and probably further delay any offshore drilling recovery.

that’s from basically a headhunter. Of course they’re going to say there a hiring frenzy right around the corner.