King of AMO

:confused:Hail the King of AMO
The King of American Maritime Officers Union, we’ll call him King Thomas just to put a name on him, has, singlehandedly guided this union (and its members) into the predicament in which it finds itself today. The pension plan is in shambles, senior qualified officers are leaving in droves, (lest they only get pennies on the dollar for monthly retirement annuity), and academy recruitment has become non-existent.
The pension plan trustees, of whom King Thomas is a leading member, have watched as the fund has dropped in value. While individuals have recouped some of their loses in their personal accounts, there has been not a word about ‘the Fund’ regaining some of its value.
Most members who are retiring from the union must ask permission to continue working in this profession. I say most because some of the King’s most trusted minions are exempt from this requirement; they will continue to work AND collect retirement.
As a newbie in this union I am wondering where my future lies. Contracted companies will be required to make up the shortfall in the pension plan. What will that do to the pay? I never planned on working out here till I was 65 years old.
Any ideas on where to start looking?
Comments.

Pawnshop …something metal, doesn’t have to have a trigger either…Mrs.Woods proved that with a 9-iron.

Oh Yes…

You were one of those that thought that the Messiah Obama would hep you out.

F…ing moonbats

Not true. Anyone who has been paying attention could read the handwriting on the wall.
Is there such a thing as business ethics?

[quote=jjpjr58;22787]Not true. Anyone who has been paying attention could read the handwriting on the wall.
Is there such a thing as business ethics?[/quote]

If I were you, I would get away from that group. If you don’t mind sitting in one spot drilling for oil, that is the best segment to be in right now, and for the future as far as I can tell. There are a multitude of drilling contractors building new drill ships.

[quote=shippedout;22726]Oh Yes…

You were one of those that thought that the Messiah Obama would hep you out.

F…ing moonbats[/quote]

Grow up . . . :rolleyes: