Is it illegal to support unions?

[QUOTE=c.captain;161470]you don’t understand because you SIR are nothing more than a pipsqueak ultramaroon with all of 24 posts in less then a week since joining and obviously have failed to notice I have standing here as one of gCaptain’s forum leaders with almost 9000 posts over close to seven years as a forum member. I have a constituency here who know me, know my writings and certainly know my opinions concerning the practices of employment for mariners in the GoM. While there is a sizable number here who do not hold with my views, there is a equally sizable number who are in solidarity with them. Either way, I consider the many here who read my posts and comment to them to be a great body who have given me the honor of credibility amongst their unwashed masses.

btw, just to save you the trouble of looking up my stats, I am an 8th issue U/L master although my MMC does say I am also an A/B so I guess you are partly correct when you say I am disgruntled.

you may now return to that very tiny place from where you emerged 24 posts ago.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I need to school Jeaux about you, Scooter.

LolZ , what a troll! Whoever you are, you’re good.

Too calm to be AHTSmaster, although he hasn’t said much lately…

Hmmmmm

I wish the gcaptain gods would check the IP and just tell us if it’s another member with a different username, or just some other troll. We wouldn’t need to a know WHO, just yes/no.

[QUOTE=AHTS Master;161482]Maybe I need to school Jeaux about you, Scooter.[/QUOTE]

go right ahead…what do I care what you tell him about me? Tell him I am the biggest effing asshole here for all it matters. Wouldn’t bother me none.

9000 post to gCaptain. I don’t think I’d be bragging about that.

I gotta say I had thought Jeux was AHTS or Fraq having some fun. Maybe it really is some Joe Boss who has nothing better to do. Either way this whole thing is getting retarded.

Seems to me that jeoux Boss wanted you to take shortcuts and compromise Safety… What, exactly did you say?

[QUOTE=Jeaux Bawss;161274]
What promises were made in an employee handbook?
I did not say promises were made in an employee handbook! I stated employees can be fired for violating employee handbook. But at the same time cannot protect thier job by following it. Remember at will no reason needed employees bound but employer…

Why do you state a large percentage of GOM Mariners are incompetent? I find our Mariners to be very competent and intelligent.
Really ? Able seamen unlimited cannot splice 3-strand, tie a glove hitch, bowline, sheet bend basic knots. Engineers that cannot repack a pump with the proper size packing glands, use wrong parts when fixing engines, I mean I can go on and on wanna pm me ?

What is “faking the funk”?
Couple things come to mind, the guys that can talk the talk but cannot walk the walk. Another the able seamen that go through the motions of prep,prime,paint. But a careful inspect will reveal they painted over rust 1/8" thick or more. Wanna PM me I can give more examples !
Who tells you these guys are great at what they do ? Thier relatives or friends ie the nepotism stuff.

[QUOTE=LI_Domer;161494]I gotta say I had thought Jeux was AHTS or Fraq having some fun. Maybe it really is some Joe Boss who has nothing better to do. Either way this whole thing is getting retarded.[/QUOTE]

It’s getting entertaining! At least for a few minutes with morning coffee. As a young budding mariner, it’s enlightening to read the words of you more seasoned professionals. Too many fishermen I work with are dreaming of GoM glory…I tell them to come to gcaptain and read what is being said to get an idea of what the mariners themselves think. For a newbie, you get an idea of the types of guys you want to have as mentors, and who to avoid. I would avoid the Gulf just to stay away from guys like Fraqrat.

you’re an idiot, i’d be glad to sail with him any day on nearly any kind of vessel.

My thoughts exactly…

[QUOTE=z-drive;161499]you’re an idiot, i’d be glad to sail with him any day on nearly any kind of vessel.[/QUOTE]

I am glad it’s ANY day and not just some days. But why not any kind of vessel? Or is it just some days on any vessel? Maybe he’s a stand up guy, maybe not. I can only refer to our personas here online. You should be grateful attitudes like his discourage northerners like me from coming down there.

because I have to reserve the right that I wouldn’t sail on every type of vessel, a TAL shitbox or on a fake talk ship (bounty), for example.

Such an opinion for a newb

[QUOTE=wcrutch;161498]. [B]As a young budding mariner…[/B].[/QUOTE]

you should listen more and talk a lot less.

And I’m sure there are a lot of guys from everywhere that would do well to stay away from you along with the northerners who probably aren’t too happy with you deciding to cast their lot for them here in public.

• Updated - - -

[QUOTE=z-drive;161505]because I have to reserve the right that I wouldn’t sail on every type of vessel, a TAL shitbox or on a fake talk ship (bounty), for example.[/QUOTE]

Come on, Z. You’re talking about my esteemed alma mater, TAL. I proudly wear my Baffin Strait pin on my best suit like a shiny a turd sandwich.

[QUOTE=Johnny Canal;161506]

Come on, Z. You’re talking about my esteemed alma mater, TAL. I proudly wear my Baffin Strait pin on my best suit like a shiny a turd sandwich.[/QUOTE]

There’s a time and a place. I’ve grown out of that phase and unless I reach a certain level of desperation I’m never going back to that quality vessel and operation. Most of these schoolboys ought to sail on a shitbox or two though, get their hands dirty for a while before earning a good job. That “sinking” feeling…

[QUOTE=z-drive;161505]because I have to reserve the right that I wouldn’t sail on every type of vessel, a TAL shitbox or on a fake talk ship (bounty), for example.

Such an opinion for a newb[/QUOTE]

I guess attacking Fraqrat was rookie foul #1…Guess it’s time to finish the beer and start over at another bar.

Wow what did I do to you? Is it because I call bullshit on your hero? C.captain and I have been arguing back and forth for years doesn’t mean I don’t respect the hell out of the guy. I credit him with my finally deciding to be an active member of this forum instead of lurking. I got tired of him shitting on everything oilfield related and decided to speak up about it. He starts thread after thread solely for the purpose of talking shit about this whole segment of the industry. How many threads are started with the sole purpose of shit talking the PNW towing or fishing industries? None! Do you think that’s because y’all are beyond reproach and there is nothing bad to say? No that’s not even remotely true is it? There is good and bad all over the maritime industry from fame seeking crabbers to large prepositioned MSC ships. If I had the free time to have 9000 posts I could start new threads on all matter of things I hate. It just so happens I’m not fond of his constant assault on the OSV industry. So imagine how you would feel if I worked a year on a long liner or fishing trawler in your area. Now imagine I had the worst experience one could possibly have during that year. How would you feel if I spent the next six years starting threads bashing the entire Alaska and west coast fishing industries? You would most certainly have a thing or two to say wouldn’t you? Don’t get me wrong I’m guilty of the same in regards to unions. I spent four years in the SIU sailing deep sea. Needless to say it left a bad taste in my mouth. I voice my opinions about the unions based solely on that experience. I do not however start a thread on this forum for the sole purpose of bashing unions all day everyday like someone we know.

It’s funny you say you would avoid the gulf for the likes of someone like me. Instead of 9000 posts I’ve helped people get jobs or upgrade. There are many who actively post here whom I’ve helped in one way or another. There are even more who randomly post or just lurk. During this recent boom I helped by pointing out where to go and who to talk to. When I had a hot tip about specific positions even at other companies I would pass that info to these individuals. Some of them after having spoke with them numerous times I gave my personal info to just to use me as a reference to get a foot in the door. I did it all through direct message, email or text. I wasn’t seeking glory or accolades by openly doing it on the forums. I was just try to help people find work. If you’ve followed closely around here you would also know I harbor no ill will because you’re from up north somewhere. In fact three of the five closest friend I have in the world are from Oregon, New Hampshire and Massachusetts. You would also know I have no issues with academy grads. I find most of them are intelligent with a good head on their shoulders. I always tell them there is very little I can teach you that you don’t already know. My job is to help you use that $100k education and apply it practically to the real world. If I don’t know something I don’t bullshit them I say ya know what let’s find out together so we both know. We can’t all be super geniuses like c.scooter. So sorry I’m not sorry if you find me to be an ignorant redneck prick you’re entitled to that opinion.

You all are starting to act like…

[QUOTE=Fraqrat;161514]How many threads are started with the sole purpose of shit talking the PNW towing or fishing industries? None! Do you think that’s because y’all are beyond reproach and there is nothing bad to say? No that’s not even remotely true is it? [/QUOTE]

are you sure about that? Have you ever worked in the NW or Alaska? However I have worked in the GoM for seven years so I am not just a person with a year’s experience in your world. I have plenty from rov and sat dive support to deepwater drilling. Perhaps I am not a career man in the GoM but because of that I have a broader view of the entire maritime industry to base my opinions. I had enough of working in the GoM world and fully admit that the bosses had enough of me, so I ended my tenure down there in the oil patch to return to the waters where I started my career over three decades ago and I have no intention whatsoever to return to the GoM. In the meantime, I voice my opinions on the GoM here for no other reason but to ruffle the feathers of so many like yourself. I love to stir the pot and in the process make people aware of the reality of the very backwards world there.

Nothing pissing me off more at the moment than foreign mariners (GoM types from the south) coming to work in Alaska but I fear the same BS that permeates the Gulf is going to infest the industry there next. Thanks a lot Shell for stinking up the place! Well, let’s see if the season this year goes off better than it did in 2012 with those highly seasoned and Alaska experienced mariners in charge. I still don’t see where any real change is coming to the vessel operations, but maybe I’ll be proved wrong or they’ll just get lucky and all will go smoothly however I will keep calling for NW mariners to be the leaders in Alaskan energy operations. Hopefully in time that will happen but as long as Shell has their incestual relationship with ECO, HGIM and HOS, that ain’t gonna happen and the north will just be more of the same circus as in the south. The real mariners will be trapped in the middle between the jokers and the clowns.

Well why don’t you update your history on your LinkedIn page so I’ll have a better idea of your work history. I see drillships and rigs but nothing about OSV’s. How many years working on OSV’s exactly? Which ones? Doing what kind of work? Were you 1st captain or 3rd captain? No I haven’t worked up your way but we both know even there you will find good and bad outfits. If you state otherwise who is the one serving ambrosia and bullshit platters?

[QUOTE=c.captain;161517]are you sure about that? Have you ever worked in the NW or Alaska? However I have worked in the GoM for seven years so I am not just a person with a year’s experience in your world. I have plenty from rov and sat dive support to deepwater drilling. Perhaps I am not a career man in the GoM but because of that I have a broader view of the entire maritime industry to base my opinions. I had enough of working in the GoM world and fully admit that the bosses had enough of me, so I ended my tenure down there in the oil patch to return to the waters where I started my career over three decades ago and I have no intention whatsoever to return to the GoM. In the meantime, I voice my opinions on the GoM here for no other reason but to ruffle the feathers of so many like yourself. I love to stir the pot and in the process make people aware of the reality of the very backwards world there.

Nothing pissing me off more at the moment than foreign mariners (GoM types from the south) coming to work in Alaska but I fear the same BS that permeates the Gulf is going to infest the industry there next. Thanks a lot Shell for stinking up the place! Well, let’s see if the season this year goes off better than it did in 2012 with those highly seasoned and Alaska experienced mariners in charge. I still don’t see where any real change is coming to the vessel operations, but maybe I’ll be proved wrong or they’ll just get lucky and all will go smoothly however I won’t keep calling for NW mariners to be the leaders in Alaskan energy operations. Hopefully in time that will happen but as long as Shell has their incestual relationship with ECO, HGIM and HOS, that ain’t gonna happen and the north will just be more of the same circus as in the south. The real mariners will be trapped in the middle between the jokers and the clowns.[/QUOTE]

I would feel the same way if it was in the northeast, however I would have to just eat the shit sandwich and watch them fail as they did with the Kulluk. It is tough, but adapt the “i told you so” mentality. Only way to get by after doing what little you can.

Isn’t there some type of scam where you can make a butload of money “consulting?” That’s what I’d be doing.