Is it illegal to support unions?

[QUOTE=z-drive;160937]did Nicky tell you that you would regret it?[/QUOTE]

No, but there was a big dead spot in my lawn the next week with a strong wintergreen scent to it.

[QUOTE=Kennebec Captain;160863]Airline pilots are under the Railway Labor Act.[/QUOTE]

Very very interesting. Which, to me, raises the question: if airline pilots can fall under the Railway Labor Act, why not truck drivers or vessel crew? Let anyone in the transportation industry all fall under the same rules then.

[QUOTE=awulfclark;160944]Very very interesting. Which, to me, raises the question: if airline pilots can fall under the Railway Labor Act, why not truck drivers or vessel crew? Let anyone in the transportation industry all fall under the same rules then.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely not, because then the hookers working the truck stops unionize and make their Johns be party to CBA negotiations.

Then we are just a step away from ruining all seamans clubs with “dancers” worldwide.

Just what kind of world do you want to live in???

[QUOTE=Johnny Canal;160953]Absolutely not, because then the hookers working the truck stops unionize and make their Johns be party to CBA negotiations.

Then we are just a step away from ruining all seamans clubs with “dancers” worldwide.

Just what kind of world do you want to live in???[/QUOTE]

The president of the AFL-CIO is in Las Vegas for a convention, and one evening he decides he wants to go out and find a prostitute. He walks into a brothel and goes up to the madam and asks her, “Is this a union shop?”

The madam says, “No, we’re not, sorry.”

He says, “Well, sorry, I’m the president of the AFL-CIO, and I just can’t give my business to you if you’re not a union shop.”

He walks out and goes into the next brothel and asks the same question. The madam says, “Why yes, we’re Local 69 of the Sex Workers of the World!”

The president says, “Great! I’m looking for a little companionship for the evening.” He looks around the room, sees a pretty blonde with large boobs and says, “How much to hire her?”

The madam says, “You can’t have her.”

The president sees a very cute Asian sitting alone and says, “Well, how about her?”

“Nope, sorry, you can’t have her either.”

“Well, who can I have?”

The madam points to a woman whose best days were obviously lost to the mists of time. Her boobs look like two fried eggs nailed to a wall, she’s at least fifty pounds overweight, she’s got two teeth left and she’s not taking particularly good care of those either. “You can have her.”

The president says, “Well, she doesn’t appeal to me, is there anyone else?”

“Nope, sorry, she’s got seniority.”

Maybe unions aren’t for everyone.

that joke is as old as the toothless old bag in it…

btw, the late Lane Kirkland, ex longtime president of the AFL-CIO had been a merchant marine officer during WWII

so put that in your smokestack and pipe it…

[QUOTE=awulfclark;160957]
"Nope, sorry, she’s got seniority .[/QUOTE]

A good pension plan would solve that problem.

[QUOTE=c.captain;160958]that joke is as old as the toothless old bag in it…

btw, the late Lane Kirkland, ex longtime president of the AFL-CIO had been a merchant marine officer during WWII

so put that in your smokestack and pipe it…[/QUOTE]

And a KP Man too! Add that to the smokestack.

or even Jeaux boss just holding up his part of the 401k bargain!

Or working for a company with a match as you go each pay period for the fully vested…

[QUOTE=KPChief;160966]And a KP Man too! Add that to the smokestack.[/QUOTE]

indeed sir, but that was when KP was a true “maritime” academy of highest repute as opposed to the farcical idiot kiddie kamp it is today

[QUOTE=c.captain;160970]indeed sir, but that was when KP was a true “maritime” academy of highest repute as opposed to the farcical idiot kiddie kamp it is today[/QUOTE]

Ah yes I remember crossing the winter North Atlantic as a cadet. Hitlers U-boats were all around us and we lost propulsion. Lane helped us take a few poles out of the turning gear motor and we were able to get the big wheel turning again. Out foxed the 'krauts and made it to Murmansk at 3 rpm. Hail to thee oh stately strifeborn alma mater. Actually probably more truth in your analysis than I care to contemplate.

Several of us have been in contact with legal firms to see where we stand on this.The number of followers is growing.

For what it’s worth many of us are going to fight this. If we band together are voice will be heard. It’s time for a change here in the GOM. It’s in the best interest of the Mariners, were getting tired of rolling over for joe boss.

Oh man, let me tell you, ECO is a great company! Yeah I signed that shit. Big whoop. We don’t need to unionize down here. That would actually suck.

ECO pretty much lets us work the schedule we want, do what we need, so long as we have our spots covered when we want time off. (Something that is very easy to do) I’ve been allowed to work over for months on end, just because I felt like it. Also, what other company do you know of has ever shelled out Tens of Thousands of dollars to employees whom were effected by hurricanes down here? Any?? Especially Katrina. Gary did that. Furthermore, Gary has personally stood up for a number of employees who faced the chopping block, saying - Let them weather this fuck up, and they’ll be a much better employee for it - Haha, maybe not in those exact words, but my point stands.

My department managers have been very straight forward in communicating the company’s strategy during the down turn. Meanwhile, I am still making great money and working with a great crew. I’m laughing all the way to the bank. Thanks Gary!

Haha, and that c.captain guy… What a silly duckling… His quacking is hilarious. Uneducated about ECO to the same level as a wet dish towel. I like his enthusiasm though, ineloquent as it might be.

Oh, and I’ll say it again. I signed that paper. Life goes on. Sweet, sweet, sweet.

I don’t think your manager has been straight forward with you and I don’t think you’ll think highly of Mr. Gary when you get the major pay cut that’s heading your way soon. Those good days you mention are over my friend.

[QUOTE=That One Guy;160984]Oh man, let me tell you, ECO is a great company! .[/QUOTE]

Some might call me cynical but I am always suspicious of the new guy…

[QUOTE=That One Guy;160984]Oh man, let me tell you, ECO is a great company! Yeah I signed that shit. Big whoop. We don’t need to unionize down here. That would actually suck.
[/QUOTE] We don’t want a union , cause that would really suck. DUDE , SWEET

[QUOTE=That One Guy;160984]Oh man, let me tell you, ECO is a great company! Yeah I signed that shit. Big whoop. We don’t need to unionize down here. That would actually suck.

ECO pretty much lets us work the schedule we want, do what we need, so long as we have our spots covered when we want time off. (Something that is very easy to do) I’ve been allowed to work over for months on end, just because I felt like it. Also, what other company do you know of has ever shelled out Tens of Thousands of dollars to employees whom were effected by hurricanes down here? Any?? Especially Katrina. Gary did that. Furthermore, Gary has personally stood up for a number of employees who faced the chopping block, saying - Let them weather this fuck up, and they’ll be a much better employee for it - Haha, maybe not in those exact words, but my point stands.

My department managers have been very straight forward in communicating the company’s strategy during the down turn. Meanwhile, I am still making great money and working with a great crew. I’m laughing all the way to the bank. Thanks Gary!

Haha, and that c.captain guy… What a silly duckling… His quacking is hilarious. Uneducated about ECO to the same level as a wet dish towel. I like his enthusiasm though, ineloquent as it might be.

Oh, and I’ll say it again. I signed that paper. Life goes on. Sweet, sweet, sweet.[/QUOTE]

How about a candy bar? Perhaps an oh HENRY

Haha, good stuff. But rest assured, as whimsical as I may precent my opinion, it is an educated one. This guy has been around the block, and the world. Actually, got my start commercially in the good old PNW. One love!