Intro and question

Hello i am active US air force and interested in acquiring a maritime certifiacation, but i need sea service experience. Who can i ask about working to get the experience?

Are you about to get out of the air force? You would have to obtain a TWIC card( transportation workers identification card), an Merchant Mariner Credential with a rating as an ordinary seaman and get hired as a deck hand somewhere. Also STCW95 basic safety training and a life boatman class would help you get hired.

[QUOTE=CoastalDPO;61231]Are you about to get out of the air force? You would have to obtain a TWIC card( transportation workers identification card), an Merchant Mariner Credential with a rating as an ordinary seaman and get hired as a deck hand somewhere. Also STCW95 basic safety training and a life boatman class would help you get hired.[/QUOTE]

Don’t forget the option of working brownwater. You would not need a MMC or STCW and the time would still count toward your AB or QMED Pay is generally not as much but it is worth considering.