Intelligence received that the KP Marching Band is in a state of collapse!

Gentlemen, I cannot say where this intelligence came from but it has been vetted as genuine and all I can say in response to it is that the state of affairs at the USMMA are in a condition where further musical defense by the Corps of Cadets may be no longer tenable and a full scale rout might well occur…

Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2011 10:01 AM
To: Fell, CAPT William; Gasiorek, CDR Christopher
Cc: Force, CAPT Kenneth; Mund, CDR David; DeStafney, CAPT Bob
Subject: Band

Captain Fell and CDR Gasiorek,

I just spoke with Captain Force about some disturbing news.* Band always has approximately 30-40 plebes go into band every year. This year we are down to 11 people, 5 of which are drummers. When Captain Force asked some of the other students why are they dropping out of band, the reply has always been the same.* They were specifically told by the coaches (waterfront included) not to join band because they could not handle doing both, in fact, do not even write down that you ever played an instrument.* With that being said, you both know that the plebes account for over 33% of the band, with only 11 people, the odds are great that we will not be able to field a competent band starting in the first tri-mester.* He is writing a letter to the Superintendent to address these issues and I am asking that you follow up on this with the coaches and what they tell the students.*

If either of you have any advice or guidance, I would gladly welcome it as I do not know what to do about this on my end.

V/r
Stephen Frangos
LCDR USMS

Band Company Officer
Performance and Assessment Officer
Adjunct Professor
516-773-5727

I wish to instruct all corps, division and regimental commanders to prepare for combat at the soonest possible moment. Our chance to hit em and hit em hard is drawing near and we have to be ready for the moment that they “will not be able to field a competent band starting in the first tri-mester” Once we know they don’t have a band then I know we can take them!

Gentlemen…prepare for battle!

Huh huh huh … Trimester … He huh huh

I would suggest that they’ve never been able to field a [U][B]competent[/B][/U] band.

[QUOTE=KPEngineer;78741]I would suggest that they’ve never been able to field a [U][B]competent[/B][/U] band.[/QUOTE]

Well, it sure wasn’t 35 years ago, so I don’t imagine anything has changed.

[QUOTE=cmakin;78757]Well, it sure wasn’t 35 years ago, so I don’t imagine anything has changed.[/QUOTE]

Not sure how the band was 50 years ago, back then my only goal was to get the hell out of the joint and to never look back. 50 years ago any graduate from KP could deep sea sail, the golden age of shipping was still in bloom. Unfortunately, within 25 years it would be totally over. So, should you ever hear anyone 50 years of age or older mentioned he graduated from KP but couldn’t sail because there were no jobs you might want to give that person a simple smile and a wink. He will understand you know better.