I got a disorderly conduct conviction 6 months ago

So I screwed up and got arrested and a disorderly conduct conviction about 4 months ago. I will need to renew my Chief Mate license in about 7 months. Has anyone dealt with an arrest that was similar in timing and or similar to this charge. Should there be any problems?

If its a misdemeanor you ought to be ok, I imagine. I don’t have the link at my fingertips but I have seen it published what they consider serious.

Oh my…have we been a BAD BOY?

Go to your “naughty spot”…NOW!

[QUOTE=Hpiper;119207]So I screwed up and got arrested and a disorderly conduct conviction about 4 months ago. I will need to renew my Chief Mate license in about 7 months. Has anyone dealt with an arrest that was similar in timing and or similar to this charge. Should there be any problems?[/QUOTE]

Disorderly conduct isn’t specifically listed in 46 CFR 10.211, it would be treated as an “other crimes.” NMC will probably opt for an “assessment period” of one year. After that, the conviction won’t be considered. If you apply before then, you can still renew as long as all obligations of the court like costs, fines, probation, etc. are satisfied. You will also have to show additional infortmation like character references and evidence of steady employment. If this is considered to be alcohol-related, then you may also need to show completion of an abuse treatment program and or participation in agroup like AA.