"Hundreds of teens mob pedestrians on Chicago's Magnificent Mile"

“Hundreds of teens mob pedestrians on Chicago’s Magnificent Mile”

By Alexandria Fisher, NBCChicago.com
Several teens were arrested after dozens of mob groups began attacking pedestrians on Chicago’s downtown Magnificent Mile area on Saturday night.

Police responded to reports of disturbances near Michigan and Chicago Avenues.
Police said 28 teens were arrested during the incident and no serious injuries were reported.
The teens charged with misdemeanor reckless conduct and battery and later released, according to News Affairs Officer Perkus.
Eleven other teens were charged with the same misdemeanor charges after they attacked a group of women on the CTA Red Line, police said.

“You have over three to four hundred teenagers with mob action, jumping on individuals that are downtown,” said community activist Andrew Holmes. “Multiple people have been arrested and I caution those parents that get this call about your child being arrested – maybe you need to check your child.”Officers began breaking up the attacks by ushering teens to the Red Line. Chaos continued underground but many attackers reportedly left the area.

“I just saw a cluster run down to the Red Line,” said Red Line passenger Amanda Dobson. “I didn’t know what was going on. I just kind of stepped back and let the police do what they needed to do.” Police continued to patrol the area on bikes, horses and on foot as smaller groups wandered around the Loop.

It is not clear if the attacks are related to a similar mobbing of Ford City Mall last month.
Residents were concerned that this could be the first in a long line of attacks after warm weather brought on a string of similar instances last year. “It’s been happening a lot around here,” said Eric Baldinger, who works along the Magnificent Mile. “Just keep your wallet close and your purse closer.”

Others said the attacks were disappointing and feared for the future of the city.
“I think it’s very childish,” said resident Angelica Wilson. “That’s what wrong with the generation today because there’s always petty fights going on down here and everybody getting hurt. We don’t need more problems.”

This just goes to show that our biggest problems are the lack of structure and obedience in society, not the availability of guns. As long as the mindless scum of the rotting cesspools that are our cities continue to misbehave in this way, unintelligent individuals will continue to blame violence on firearms, and not the fact that the idiot holding the gun spent 18 hours a day playing video games and had no friends. We’re damn lucky that there were no guns involved in this incident. It would have served only to give Dianne Feinstein more “ammunition,” when in reality we can see quite clearly here that the same depraved acts occur with the same motivation and thought process but WITHOUT guns. We don’t less guns, we need less negative influences, like violent music, films, and video games, on people who can’t otherwise think for themselves.

The other amusing thing that I’d like to take away from this incident is what a FANTASTIC job Rahm Emanuel has done with his city since leaving the Obama White House to become mayor of Chicago. 54 schools closed and 300 teenagers rioting in the streets! Well done sir, well done.

[QUOTE=PaddyWest2012;104292]
This just goes to show that our biggest problems are the lack of structure and obedience in society …
As long as the mindless scum of the rotting cesspools that are our cities continue to misbehave in this way…[/QUOTE]

Yeah, what this country needs is a few more Roland Friesler style judges to clean up the streets. :rolleyes:

Geesh. When things get bad the ideas seem to get even worse. The world has been down that “law and order” road a few times before.

[QUOTE=Steamer;104297]Yeah, what this country needs is a few more Roland Friesler style judges to clean up the streets. :rolleyes:

Geesh. When things get bad the ideas seem to get even worse. The world has been down that “law and order” road a few times before.[/QUOTE]

I know I got kind of worked up but I didn’t mean to suggest “Judge Dredd” or “1984” style law and order. I just wanted to make the point that as long as people act like douche bags and hold themselves accountable to no one, guns are the LEAST of our problems.

A lot of the “mindless scum of our rotting cesspool” cities are unemployed because the almighty “Job Creators” are busily creating jobs in other countries like China and Vietnam. Claw back some meaningful work so that parents don’t have to work two and three jobs to make ends meet, and can raise their kids in a better environment. That’s not all of it but I can guarantee that’s a pretty big part of it.

[QUOTE=catherder;104303]A lot of the “mindless scum of our rotting cesspool” cities are unemployed because the almighty “Job Creators” are busily creating jobs in other countries like China and Vietnam. Claw back some meaningful work so that parents don’t have to work two and three jobs to make ends meet, and can raise their kids in a better environment. That’s not all of it but I can guarantee that’s a pretty big part of it.[/QUOTE]

Like you said, not the whole story, but for whatever percentage that makes up I would agree. One of the driving forces behind all of this moral depravity is that the proportion of jobs overseas, which should be here, to jobs that are actually here is very much out of whack.

Another good reason to buy things truly made in the USA by US workers. I have rarely been disappointed with the quality of US made items and most of the time it does not cost much more than the cheap foreign garbage. Especially when you look at the real costs to our country. If you have the means, your consumer dollars is the only way to change the situation currently. Our elected representatives don’t give a damn.

I tend to think that many of the people of my generation 20-30 seem to be above doing real actually hard work and simply are looking for the easiest high paying job. Many of my friends don’t know what it is like to work more than 12hrs a day for an honest wage. Just my 2 cents.

[QUOTE=dredgeboater;104306]Another good reason to buy things truly made in the USA by US workers.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if this is too far off track or even acceptable, but last year I was honored to participate in funding the only currently “Made in the USA” underwear. I know. But, it’s a great product that is completely made in the US and has put an entire clothing factory back to work. I get no kickbacks, but if you’re interested: www.flintandtinder.com

Now, back to your regularly scheduled rant…

[QUOTE=lymanlouis;104318]Not sure if this is too far off track or even acceptable, but last year I was honored to participate in funding the only currently “Made in the USA” underwear. I know. But, it’s a great product that is completely made in the US and has put an entire clothing factory back to work. I get no kickbacks, but if you’re interested: www.flintandtinder.com

Now, back to your regularly scheduled rant…[/QUOTE]

Oh wow! I can replace Mr. Catherder’s holey moleys!

They’re called Jeasus drawers… Because they are so holey.

As for he Detroit youth problem, I have a 2 word solution. ELECTRIC BLEACHERS.