Have you ever been a user of /or addicted to a dangerous drug,including marijuana?

Most of us have had to answer that question. And then sign write below the statement: I signed this statement with full understanding that a false statement is grounds for denial of an application of the application as well as criminal and financial penalty.

President Clinton said he did not inhale.
President G.W. Bush had a DUI conviction and allegedly had a cocaine arrest expunged from his record.
President Obama was a “user” in his youth and recently said that he sees marijuana as being less dangerous than alcohol.

Clearly these three gentlemen would have had trouble obtaining a merchant mariner’s document.

I’m sure they’d have no problem getting a presidential pardon though.

[QUOTE=PMC;128847]Most of us have had to answer that question. And then sign write below the statement: I signed this statement with full understanding that a false statement is grounds for denial of an application of the application as well as criminal and financial penalty.

President Clinton said he did not inhale.
President G.W. Bush had a DUI conviction and allegedly had a cocaine arrest expunged from his record.
President Obama was a “user” in his youth and recently said that he sees marijuana as being less dangerous than alcohol.

Clearly these three gentlemen would have had trouble obtaining a merchant mariner’s document.[/QUOTE]

The USCG has a “time heals all” clause… Not much you can do that can’t be corrected by remaining employed, not getting into new trouble… etc., I think as long as you don’t get into terrorist threats, over throw the government; pretty much if you can’t get a TWIC card, then no means never. Other than that…it’s all good after some time staying clean. Now if you really want to f-up your career tell them you have a heart murmur, or hear voices, or had a sleep disorder. That will end the parade right then and there.

I like to take ghost bubba regularly.

inb4 thread lock: Is “dangerous drug” some sort of bureaucratic term? I mean, I’ve been a habitual user of nicotine for years. That shit is more addictive than heroin (or so they say), socially stigmatizing, has an LD50 < 0.1 mg/kg, and long term exposure carries a 50% lethality rate regardless of dosage. I’d classify it as a very dangerous drug.

Also, @barnes.henry, what is your agenda? Your post history, short as it is, makes me genuinely curious.

1 Like

Also in before the thread lock… I too would like to know…